Failed Cert Exam

Student

Jun 1, 2007
Today I failed a Logic Pro 7 cert exam. I studied until midnight, got a good nights sleep, had a good breakfast and studied some more before class.

How do you guys handle study? I used to be able to memorize anything, so when I started slipping I started taking notes, and the more I did the more I noticed that I wasn't paying attention to what was said next by an instructor but what was said last.

Do you guys have any advice for a broke student that can't make new memories, it seems that my brain has reached it's limit. BTW, not using drugs.

On top of all this my final project was a disaster and I'm sure I failed this class now, any help?

Thanks Much

Do you guys have any advice for a broke student that can't make new memories, it seems that my brain has reached it's limit. BTW, not using drugs.

Become really interested in what you are learning.

I'm talking really passionately interested.

Good memory comes from emotions.

Use logic at home on your own free time... try stripping a video clip and replacing it... The more you use it, the better you'll be...

and then on to MIDI II

Become really interested in what you are learning.

I'm talking really passionately interested.

Good memory comes from emotions.

Yeah, that's what works for me. I've never had any trouble memorizing something I have learned about audio stuff, but when it comes to f.ex. biology at high school, I sucked real bad. Couldn't remember the simplest things in exams since I found the subject very boring.

Thanks guys, it makes sense everything you're saying, my learning curve is steeper when it comes to learning than any program, what I mean is I still don't know how to think, that's what I'm learning to do, and it's getting cheaper but still costing me.

As some of you know where I am, I must respond with, I thought I passed the class but after the disaster that was my final project was played for review, I'm not so sure. I should have taken the effort to play it on more places to get a feel for how it would sound in systems other than the headphones, and my lack of planning showed.

Damn...but thanks guys and to those going to MIDI I I may see you there.

My lack of passion is obvious but hopefully financial repercussion are few.

Thanks for the help metalheads, rivetheads, recordists and engineers.