Fall 2012 North American tour

Thanks; sorry they're so Tuomas-centric on the Anaheim ones, but I was directly in front of him and his were the best shots! :D

However, this right here is my favorite pic from Anaheim; just to give you an idea of how much fun it looked like they were having onstage:

anaheim38.jpg

And while this one is slightly blurry, this is my favorite pic of Floor from San Diego:

sd02.jpg

^ I shall now forevermore see Emppu dancing like this: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice pics C....! It seems the band is having a terrific time. Maybe they are really all so relieved now that there's no more drama.

Awesome shots! Can I camera geek out on your for a second and talk shop? I shoot with a Canon Mark III for my photography business, but it is so big that I hardly ever take it to shows. I am always curious what other people are using.

I toggle between a Canon S100 and Sony HX20V.

The Canon is a powerful little P&S cam.

Yes, David's pictures are off the chain. I am so lucky to have been at a couple of the shows that he was at, considering my pictures never come out good no matter how hard I try! :(

Thanks. Trying to get better. :D

I'll probably upload the higher res pics later. The ones on my PB acct were scaled down to 25% in size.

Can I camera geek out on your for a second and talk shop? I shoot with a Canon Mark III for my photography business, but it is so big that I hardly ever take it to shows. I am always curious what other people are using.
I used the Sony HX20V for my shots, they're not a good as Vampire's of course, but they still might work as a demo for the Sony in the hands of a novice who was too lazy to use anything but the auto settings. :lol:

I toggle between a Canon S100 and Sony HX20V.

The Canon is a powerful little P&S cam.

I have had my eye on the S100 or S110, so I don't have to drag the work camera all over the place (or get press passes everywhere I go, another down fall to trying to bring a DSLR to shows) good to know that it has the power behind it to do well in those circumstances.

I used the Sony HX20V for my shots, they're not a good as Vampire's of course, but they still might work as a demo for the Sony in the hands of a novice who was too lazy to use anything but the auto settings. :lol:

The Auto setting is the worst for concerts unless the lighting is really good.

I normally use the Sports Shooting setting. Give that a shot.