Fall 2012 North American tour

I'm so pissed they apparently lied about the ticket sale date. :bah: I think I'll just grab that balcony seat while I can since it will be just the second row so I'll be able to see. Everywhere else I'll be like 5 rows back...

Yeah... I got fucked on the NYC date.

Oh well, I'm going. Guranteed seats in the Front Row and less what I paid to go to the Gibson.

I still don't have my damn guitar pic.

No, they're not. :bah: But meh, as long as the camera I get works right I'll get some awesome pictures from the NYC show since I'll be basically center stage with a slightly aerial vantage point. Does anyone here have experience with the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V? The reviews say it's great in low light, but I can't find anything from a concert setting to see for myself. I can't afford to drop 1k on a new camera, so I need something $500 or less... This one is supposedly very good for its price... But I don't trust reviews. :lol:

No, they're not. :bah: But meh, as long as the camera I get works right I'll get some awesome pictures from the NYC show since I'll be basically center stage with a slightly aerial vantage point. Does anyone here have experience with the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V? The reviews say it's great in low light, but I can't find anything from a concert setting to see for myself. I can't afford to drop 1k on a new camera, so I need something $500 or less... This one is supposedly very good for its price... But I don't trust reviews. :lol:

I use to have one of their TX9 cameras which captured fantastic pics/video. After it was stolen, I opted for a Canon S100 which was marketed as the smallest Point and Shoot/DSLR camera.

^ Thanks! :) The TX9 is the main one they were comparing to the one I have been thinking about getting. But the touch screen isn't my cup of tea, so I think The HX9V should be great then. I think I'll still ask my computer-god Father. :lol: He wont be shy if he thinks the TX9 would be better. The HX9V's panorama mode will be nice also for some of the buildings in NYC and Philly. :) ... Assuming I can figure out how to navigate its huge pile of features it's a gadget that just plays a camera from time to time I think. :lol: Which will be nice, since I will be able to use it for a lot of different things. Thanks hun. ;)

^ Thanks! :) The TX9 is the main one they were comparing to the one I have been thinking about getting. But the touch screen isn't my cup of tea, so I think The HX9V should be great then. I think I'll still ask my computer-god Father. :lol: He wont be shy if he thinks the TX9 would be better. The HX9V's panorama mode will be nice also for some of the buildings in NYC and Philly. :) ... Assuming I can figure out how to navigate its huge pile of features it's a gadget that just plays a camera from time to time I think. :lol: Which will be nice, since I will be able to use it for a lot of different things. Thanks hun. ;)

anytime.

If you check my Youtube channel: DVDVAMPIRE01

The vids for Within Temptation were recorded with the TX9. Everything else afterwards was captured with the Canon S100.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V is a good p&s camera but is an "old model" already. Since last February there are two new models with some upgraded features: HX10V and especially the HX20V which sports a new 20x (vs. 16x in HX9v and HX10V) optical zoom and ISO value up to 12800 plus an advanced image stabilization. Priced from $399.

I picked some comparable models from other main brands in a side-by-side specs table with the aforementioned Sonys: click *HERE*

Ha, thanks!
Still sucks that I never got to see them live when Tarja was around, but I can't really complain... as I'm just glad that they're finally making their way over to Canada, for this Tour! :D

Xeno: Did you buy off Ticketmaster or ETV? If they were Ticketmaster, do they offer VIPs?

Can't wait for tomorrow morning. :D

Sorry for the late reply but the showbox(were they are playing in seattle) uses https://tickets.axs.com...they do offer a VIP accesses for $500 which seems like small benefits through out the year.. not worth it IMO...

anytime.

If you check my Youtube channel: DVDVAMPIRE01

The vids for Within Temptation were recorded with the TX9. Everything else afterwards was captured with the Canon S100.

Ooh. Very nice. :worship: Which settings do you use for concerts?

My friend picked up our tickets last week...I'm on my way to Anaheim! Happy birthday to me!!!
rvd.gif

Ooh. Very nice. :worship: Which settings do you use for concerts?

Thanks! :D

For Within Temptation I used the default settings on the TX9. The 1080P Sony cams record in AVC format which seems to produce smoother output on video.

For the Key Club/Gibson shows I went with the default settings on the S100.

For the M83/Radiohead/Rod and Gab shows I simply activated the "wind filter" feature on the S100.

Since the "stereo" mic is overly sensitive to bass, I try to position myself near the center of the stage away from the speakers on both sides. Even with the wind filter, the bass is still an issue. Also, I'm not too fond of the .MOV format used to record video on the Canon cameras. If you look at some of the M83 vids, the video gets all chopping during the light shows.

I just bought a Sony HX20V that I'm going test with several shows this week. My primary concern with the HX20V is that the camera will shutdown if it overheats. If I don't get favorable results with that, I may purchase the Lumix ZX20.

If the HX20V/Lumix are crap, then my last resort will be simply to record the audio/video on separate devices and then combined them later.