fav in flames ripoffs?

BigFakeSmile

toe much love!
Nov 16, 2002
Visit site
i really like beyond the embrace, even though their first and only album so far has riffs practically lifted from in flames songs. bte write ridiculously catchy songs though, and even have at least 1 mtv hit-worthy track on the album. some bands just cop the style and have nothing going for themselves... bte know how to write real songs and real guitar solos.

I haven't heard many IF ripoffs, although I've been told some Children of Bo(re)dom sounds like it's an IF ripoff.

NP: Abaroth - Winterthorn
illusion: I just noticed that you're in Abaroth :) Great band.

I actually think CoB's latest effort is sort of gay. So is In Flames. And yes, in a way it is because they are aired on TV all of a sudden... they did the commercial backflip. Especiallly IF IMO. RtR is sooo more NU-metal than anything they ever did before... *ick*.

NOTE to flamers: I love all the previous IF releases, so I *do* know what they're about....

well hi all i used to post in the old in flames forum now dead, well this topic is very interesting i think divine soul, beyond embrace, stigma( from sweden) are totally ripping off in falmes
divene soul's when life.. song is almost the same ordinary story song
poor guys lack of creative

Nefilim said:
I actually think CoB's latest effort is sort of gay. So is In Flames. And yes, in a way it is because they are aired on TV all of a sudden... they did the commercial backflip. Especiallly IF IMO. RtR is sooo more NU-metal than anything they ever did before... *ick*.

NOTE to flamers: I love all the previous IF releases, so I *do* know what they're about....

Word. Both bands are degrading their talent... fast.

Am I the only one who thinks BTE's singer sound EXACTLY like Hetfield on Mourning in Magenta?

Anyway, those guys rule. I do wish they'd make more use of the three guitarist thing though.

BastrdDrmr said:
Children of Bodom is fucking amazing... they are progressing in a GOOD way with every album... whereas In Flames is making shitty progressions from album to album.

I agree, but I still like half of Reroute and just about all of Clayman, it's just their old stuff is just....so much better. All of COB's library slays, I'd put HCDR just below Hatebreeder as my favorite albums of theirs.