Favorite Agalloch song?

Manbient

Queer Old Man
Jan 12, 2002
Calgary, AB, Canada
www.bumblelovesmusic.com
soo... lemme know. My favorite is BY FAR without a doubt "The Misshapen Steed"... that goes so much deeper than the other stuff i find. I only have Pale Folklore so far, maybe The Mantle has something more lke that or better, but from what i have heard that song is just miles ahead of the rest on that CD. The rest are IMHO almost... boring.

'The Misshapen Steed' and 'Dead Winter Days,' I love the opening riff and then the hold into the next, killer.

Have you read the review of The Mantle at 'Satan Stole My Teddy Bear?' It's pretty harsh, John really loves Pale Folklore.

I have "...And the Great Cold Death of the Earth" and "Hallways of the Enchanted Ebony." I love "Cold Death," which is from The Mantle, but I can't find anymore mp3's from that cd. I'm not so wild about "Hallways."

I can see that some of you say Pale Folklore is boring, but it will grow on you believe me. My favorite is probably Melancholy Spirit, arg is so hard to choose. I LOVE the opening riff to Dead Winter Days, and the acoust sections of As Embers Dress the Sky, and the epicness of She Painted. Right now I still LOVE PF more than The Mantle, but Mantle needs time to grow.

Could any of you send me their songs? At least 3 from each album? Please? :(

My AIM is Fervisson, if you could send them to me. Or you could give me a place to download them..?

IcemanJ suggested Agalloch a while back... I'm playing "Hallways Of Enchanted Ebony" right now, and I'm reeeeeally liking it. Where is their stuff available? Theendrecords.com only has an EP? and their release that's supposed to come out soon, The Mantle. I dig it.

Nothing will ever top "Hallways of Enchanted Ebony," but I'm REALLY liking "I Am the Wooden Doors" from The Mantle.

Oh, and for me, The Mantle is just as good as Pale Folklore. It is more challenging a listen, but once you get familiar with it, it is an incredible piece of work. It's up there with "Natural Born Chaos," and "Damage Done" as my favorite album of the year so far.