Favorite Album Inlays and artwork...

BillowOfZeal

and I looked up her skirt
May 26, 2001
Nashville, Tn.
Visit site
I think this may have been done before but oh well.....i am here listening to Moonspell--Sin/Pecado and just noticed how bad ass the Photos are and how well they were put together in the inlay. If any of you have this album check it out again.
I also love the Katatonia--Tonight's Decision inlay.
I am sure there are more but i will leave at that for right now....sorry if this was done recently but this Moonspell inlay just really caught my eye this morning.
jAY

sunny day real estate have done some really great art work (how it feels... and diary)....i'll see if i can find a few pics....

shadows.jpg

twopromises.jpg

skeurto.jpg

the Anaal Nathrakh album has cool artwork too, quite grim tho...

Still Lifes and Morningrise are pretty amazing.
As well as Emperors Prometheus... Its simple but the colors are pretty well done and differs from what you could expect from them i guess.
Enslaved Frost cover is a simple pic of the landscape, but with such a 'frosty' atmosphere like the album itself.
Darkthrones A blaze in the northern sky. What more can i say!
many more...

!us nioj

NP: Atheist - And The Psychic Saw

In the woods...-A return to the isle of men (The first version,not the re-released that came out this summer)
Lacrimosa-Satura
Ulver-Bergtatt
Madder Mortem-All flesh is grass (the whole artwork is tooo green and brown,but it gives me a nice feeling = ) )

I really like Moonspell's Darkness And Hope. At least the digipack version is really beautiful. So is the simple Adore from The Smashing Pumpkins. I also have to mention the coffin box version of Cradle Of Filth's Dusk And Her Embrace.

Number one must be Black Sabbath's first album, coupled with the inlay text. It conveys such a dreamy yet bleak atmosphere that very few have ever come close.

Then there's Trav Smith with his fabulous work for numerous bands. I think my favourites are the artwork for Opeth's two latest albums and Katatonia's "Tonight's decision".

The Norwegian Subtopia has done some really great artwork, Arcturus' "La masquerade infernale" being in the forefront.

Almost all the artwork that Roger Karmanik has done for his Cold Meat Industry has a distinct, obscure quality that I can but admire.

Dave McKean, the first examples that come to mind are his excellent illustrations for FLA's "Flavour of the weak" and "Colombian necktie".

Yep, "Adore" by The Smashing Pumpkins bears excuisite art as well.

Jethro Tull's "Aqualung" is worth mentioning. It is a shame that the album details do not tell who made the artwork.

I think there is more. I'll have to keep digging.

--------

N/P: Opeth - Orchid

Iron Maiden - I loved these. You could stare at some of their artworks all day and just like an Opeth song, six months later you'll see something you never noticed before. That much time and effort put into any piece of art is well worth the praise in my eyes.

Tool - I liked their videos and CD covers. Especially the one with half of California disappearing. I loved that. I stared at it for so long when I first got it and thought about it for real. Something that gets your mind going that much, to me, is pretty cool.

Carcass - How creatively disgusting. That's all I'm saying.

"This energy, sparkling like a morning star."