"Brave Murder Day"... what's next?

Dreadful said:
I think Opeth fans are decieved by "Brave murder day" having Mikael on vocals. Some morons think that just because Mikael did the growls on that album, that it's their only good and worthy "doom" release. That for some, causes extreme denial in how overrated that album is. The last two tracks are great, but come on guys..clearly the Jhva Elohem Meth and For Funerals to Come eps are way fucking better...and Dance of December Souls is the mighty, original and the DOOM full length. Brave Murder Day musicially is generally the same as the newer rock direction, it just has growls. I prefer DoDS because it's totally original...the music is pure melody...it's like slowed down black metal (kinda). To each his own.

i agree much so. i liked the "For Funerals to Come" EP much more than the entire Brave Murder Day album and Dance of December Souls even more so. their doom sound was killer, its too bad they went for a more mellow sound.

I brought Discouraged ones a while ago, hasnt arrived yet, looking forward to it, I break is one of my fav songs of all time. Its funny i heard it years ago but never thought to check them out much more.

In the cd book they say Mike produced the vocals, but his name is spelt wrong.

Dreadful said:
I think Opeth fans are decieved by "Brave murder day" having Mikael on vocals. Some morons think that just because Mikael did the growls on that album, that it's their only good and worthy "doom" release. That for some, causes extreme denial in how overrated that album is. The last two tracks are great, but come on guys.....

i don't agree. i heard BMD before i checked Orchid in 96 therefore i am not Mikael-biased and BMD is still my fav Katatonia release (Brave is THE killer-song and Day almost puts me to cry). of course are For Funerals and Dance great releases but nothing can match the monolithic bleakness of BMD.