Favorite Albums and why?

Favorite of the 7

• Total voters
jaykeegan said:
I never said i thought Opeth have developed in the wrong direction. I love all their albums, i just happen to like the earlier stuff a lot more.
How I interpret what you wrote was that each new album is weaker than the albums before, If that doesn't make Opeth less good for each release then I don't know.

osse87 said:
How I interpret what you wrote was that each new album is weaker than the albums before, If that doesn't make Opeth less good for each release then I don't know.

Mate, i fucking love Opeth. I haven't listened to anything but Opeth for 3 months straight. How could you be telling me i think they have gotten weaker.

jaykeegan said:
Mate, i fucking love Opeth. I haven't listened to anything but Opeth for 3 months straight. How could you be telling me i think they have gotten weaker.
Because you think each new album is not ass good as the previous... I don't know. I'm most probably wrong. forgive me.

From what i heard

these are my favs so far
Blackwater park
damnation
deliverance

The best buy near my house doesnt have anything before blackwater park :erk:

IAmImmortal:
I know my sig is out of order, I did it on purpose, mostly to fit the picture in my sig better, plus the Sig is a sorta description of myself, in an obscure way. I just took the lyrics I felt fit the best in " The Moor "
and put them together, lol god forbid I mess up Opeth lyrics, I'd never forgive myself, I ain't no Opeth n00b thats for sure.

All the Albums for me, all sound different and I like them in different ways, the reason BWP is my favorite and that I chose Damnation as my choice on the poll is because they're pretty much equal, I love the way in which both of those cd's went, they stick out jsut a little more for me then the other albums. But they're all really close together, and all 7 of the albums are definitely on my top 15 list.

Eh, times always change... it used to be something like Blackwater Park, followed by Morningrise, then Still Life... but now its:
1. Deliverance
2. Morningrise
3. Blackwater Park
4. Orchid
5. Still Life
6. My Arms Your Hearse
7. Damnation

The more i listen to Deliverance, the more I like it. It gets better with every spin.

For me, it's definately Morningrise. Track number four is reason enough (you know of what I speak), really, but there's more than that as well. Every song is great! It was the first Opeth album I got. I guess that's almost three years ago, now... Still Life and Deliverance comes close, though!