Favorite anime?

biloch

New Metal Member
Jun 23, 2005
Just wondering what everyones favorite anime series are? My favorite original series, or OVA would have to be gunbuster, which is regarded as the first OVA as a matter of fact. But I am a fan of the style, the mech combat, the cute girls , kind of like neon genesis evangelion, which is actually made by the same person come to think of it. gunbuster is a great series though.

Haibane Renmei, which is the best anime series ever made in my humble opinion.

I'm not really a fan of mecha/action anime.

Warriors of the Wind

A heavily edited and English-dubbed version of the film was distributed and shown on HBO and released on video in the 1980s as Warriors of the Wind. According to Nausicaa.net, the voice actors and actresses were not even informed of the film's plotline and more than 30 minutes of footage was cut from the film. As a result, much of the film's narrative meaning was lost; much of the environmentalist themes were purged as was the main subplot about the Ohmu being altered to turn them into aggressive enemies. Most of the characters were renamed (Nausicaä became "Princess Zandra"). The cover for the VHS release featured a cadre of male characters, who are not part of the film, riding the ressurrected God Warrior — including a still-living Warrior shown briefly in a flashback.
Most fans of Nausicaä, along with Miyazaki himself, dislike that version; Miyazaki suggested that people should put it "out of their minds." [1] Studio Ghibli has asked fans to forget its existence, and has subsequently adopted a strict "no-edits" clause for future foreign releases of its films.

That "Warriors of the Wind"?

Mine would be Princess Mononoke, but I've hardly seen anything.

That "Warriors of the Wind"?
Yes, I saw that film when I was young, I remember watching the dubbed version of the film which I thought was great. Thanks for posting that because I never knew about all that stuff. I guess I will have to see the original version... Thats one of the reasons I hate dubbed movies, they always do a poor job, although I thought the dubbing on Warriors of the Wind was pretty good.

Yeah I thought Princess Mononoke was quite good too :)

Ooh, a hard one. I guess I'll have to list them all!

In no particular order:

Giant Robo
Le Portrait de Petite Cossette
Gankutsuou
Heat Guy J
Cowboy Bebop
Noein (or what I've seen of it so far)
Vision of Escaflowne
Hellsing
Boogiepop Phantom
Petshop of Horrors
BlackJack
Now and Then, Here and There
Spirited Away
The 12 Kingdoms

Yup. ^_^

Yes, I saw that film when I was young, I remember watching the dubbed version of the film which I thought was great. Thanks for posting that because I never knew about all that stuff. I guess I will have to see the original version... Thats one of the reasons I hate dubbed movies, they always do a poor job, although I thought the dubbing on Warriors of the Wind was pretty good.

Yeah I thought Princess Mononoke was quite good too :)

You'd better see it... Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind is total tits! A lot like Mononoke, but... well, they both fucking rule!

Runners up for me: Spirited Away and My Neighbour Totoro.

I've yet to see a single anime that wasn't produced by Studio Ghibli.

This is a tough one, so I'll try my best to round it down to a handful of series'. Fullmetal Alchemist, Azumanga Daioh and Neon Genesis Evangelion probably occupy the top spot with Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Excel Saga, Noir, Elfen Lied and xxxHOLiC (or indeed any CLAMP stuff) following on a bit behind.