Anime

Sabin Frost

Doom makes me happy
Apr 21, 2007
South Australia, Australia
I am a massive anime nut and have been since I used to drool on Transformers toys.

My favorite anime would be Neon Genesis Evagelion, though Cowboy Bebop is right up there.

Other favorites include, Elfen Lied, She The Ultimate Weapon, Ghost in the Shell (including Stand Alone Complex, 2nd Gig is some of the best anime I have ever seen), Serial Experiments Lain and basically a lot of more arty anime, a new series I have really gotten behind is Ergo Proxy. My favorite movie would be The Place Promised in Our Early Days.

So who else is right into anime?

Anime is gay. If all you've seen is Pokemon and Naruto. Watch some quality stuff like Golden Boy, Neon Genesis Evangelion and movies from Studio Ghibli and you should if there is any intellect inside your head change your mind.

If you're going to come in this thread and bitch about how you think Anime is slightly homosexual, then you're a total mongoloid.

Anyways.

I absolutely love Neon Genesis Evangelion. The psychology behind that show is absolutely brilliant.

As for other shows, I love Cowboy Bebop even more. The characters have depth and there is humour and sadness... mixed together insanely well.

I also enjoy watching Ghost In the Shell and Serial Experiments Lane.

I'm open to any other show recommendations!

As for Miyazaki, he is absolutely brilliant, and his movies are king!

I used to watch Dragonball Z alot and I actually still kinda like it, currently downloading all the episodes and movies.

Also was a big fan of Rurouni Kenshin back in the days and I recently found a link for that too (and lots of other anime, pm me if you want it) but I don't know if I'd like it now, it's been so long since I watched it.

I enjoy what I've seen so far. Ninjascroll was pretty good, and whatever else I've watched I've liked.

Also the show Cybersix was one of my favourite shows, if that counts. Shame it lasted only one season.

I used to watch Dragonball Z alot and I actually still kinda like it, currently downloading all the episodes and movies.

Also was a big fan of Rurouni Kenshin back in the days and I recently found a link for that too (and lots of other anime, pm me if you want it) but I don't know if I'd like it now, it's been so long since I watched it.

I found a huge collection of Anime series online, available for streaming. There's also tons of movies and tv shows on this site. Pretty awesome.

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/index.do/3

dragonball is very interesting

What is it that you guys like about it? I don't get it. The animation is horrible, the story lines seem to either be about nothing or so over the top that they aren't believable. I think the style of the art is cute, but that doesn't seem like enough to sit and watch it for hours. Maybe someone can explain it to me.

The animation isn't always horrible, series usually look like crap unless they have a large budget but it's usually to me at least more about the themes. It's usually pretty much the opposite of Hollywood stuff, bad guys often have more than only bad guy attributes, which goes for the good guys as well. It's like if you have and absurd sci fi story with normal people in it (who almost always have some weird overpower combat style :p).

What is it that you guys like about it? I don't get it. The animation is horrible, the story lines seem to either be about nothing or so over the top that they aren't believable. I think the style of the art is cute, but that doesn't seem like enough to sit and watch it for hours. Maybe someone can explain it to me.

Watch something like Samurari X or Princess Mononoke, the animation in it is stellar, the story lines are fantastic (and in Samurai X not over the top, and somewhat based upon actual historical events and people, for PM it is a fantasy-ish story so excuse any over the topness it may have, it is a very well done story), and all the characters are relate able in some sense but not in any forced way.

Also you have fantastic films such as Grave of the Fireflies (which is the best anti-war movie I have ever seen) and Metropolis which is pretty much just kickass.