Recent Anime Adventures (series)

No, it isn't. While the outfits stay the same for the two characters who wear them, outside the transformation sequence no special attention is given after a certain point. I'd say there is more male fanservice (at least when talking about a particular character) than female. If anything, it is a parody of that sort of fanservice.

To give you an idea what it is like, this was made by some of the same people who made Gurran Lagann. A similar sort of insanity exists here as well.

So I'm about 6 episodes in and...it's insane. It's definitely not what I had anticipated in regards to the clothing situation.

And Senketsu getting ironed is hilarious. I think I've laughed at this one more than most other not-really-serious animes I've watched.

It's definitely proving worth my time in the entertainment department.

Glad you are enjoying it.

I finally found a show that I can watch with my 8 year old son: Magi: Labyrinth Of Magic. An interesting take on Arabian characters.

So I'm about 6 episodes in and...it's insane. It's definitely not what I had anticipated in regards to the clothing situation.

And Senketsu getting ironed is hilarious. I think I've laughed at this one more than most other not-really-serious animes I've watched.

It's definitely proving worth my time in the entertainment department.

I tried Kill La Kill after seeing The Longshot's post about it above, but the animation was annoyingly "spazzy". Maybe I'll give it another shot.

I tried Kill La Kill after seeing The Longshot's post about it above, but the animation was annoyingly "spazzy". Maybe I'll give it another shot.

It is. And I can easily see that being a turnoff, because it is for me in some animes. However, in Kill La Kill, there's just too much batshit for that to be a point of detraction.

My wife was still out of town come Sunday, so I binged and finished it. I was thoroughly entertained. Especially by all of Senketsu's animations when he's not being worn. And that plot is just so completely wtf that...well, it's whatever. I will just say that I was very entertained by the whole thing, and it's got some sweet fight sequences throughout.

Well, I still have not gotten to more Kill La Kill, but I did just finish all 13 episodes of The Devil is a Part Timer! on Netflix. This was a great, but short, series. It has a lot of typical fantasy elements, which does not set it apart, but it is also just really, really funny - which does set it apart. I'll probably watch it again sometime just for the dialog between the characters. Good stuff, and highly recommended.

"You're like a search party that needs its own search party."

"Are you implying that I'm stupid?"
"Perhaps 'implying' isn't a strong enough word."

Ken