My 400th post / Anime

Originally posted by atlantis

I wouldn't tell Rei did not understand Shinji. Rei is made of God, she's angelic layers- the problem is not Rei's "absence", but Shinji's lacks in comunication & human relationships.
Anno's point of view, it seems, shows Shinji's losses- Rei is just a second actress on the stage. In the beginning at least.
Shinji is far too self-centred (and selfish) to open his shell- spoiled, in a certain way.

Well, in the case of your text, the problem is not in my "absence", but the text lacks in communication skills - namely, it is not written in a language any normal human being would use. :loco:

And do you really think Rei would understand Shinji, even if he were less self-centered and could express himself better? To my eyes Rei doesn't even understand herself at times. She is man-made from a god (instead of being god-made from human, like the others), but I would say that doesn't really give him a clearer view of humanity in any way.

Did you get my email?

-Villain

I have to admit, I didn't read all of that, but just like to say I just finished watching Death/Rebirth and End Of Evangelion and as it was my first time I am confused, now I will have to take the whole thing out again and watch it from the begining to see what all I missed.
I do have to agree it is awesome, surprised to see how late the number 666 came up tho :devil:

And now I am waiting for Serial Experiments Lain :)

@atlantis, I would love to read your thesis on NGE as well, so if you ever get it translated, could you post it somewhere or email it to me or something?

Gonna have to save this thread, almost as good as the stuff my friend send me with the NGE episodes :)

BTW, raise your hand if you wanted to punch Shinjis lights out during EoE and I don't mean the beginning :mad:

Originally posted by Villain

Well, in the case of your text, the problem is not in my "absence", but the text lacks in communication skills - namely, it is not written in a language any normal human being would use. :loco:
-Villain

Mhn mhn....which one?
I mean.....my text here about rei's absences etc. or the italian one??

As for the first, I wouldn't worry, in real life, after all, people do never understand one another at 100%:D
Jokes apart, you don't get the english structure (my fault) or...??

As for the second chance, it's depending on the aestetics background maybe...it's a philosophy-thesis, after all...
or it's just a babelfish thing??????

Shinji, Rei etc...

Rei is a human being "made of God" (it fits more, IMHO). The living proof of Gendo's failure- no man can rule the world, no man, even the most famous or skilled scientist can be God.

Eva is just an animal, a mechanic beast without soul, (Eva eating the Angel, for instance).
Rei is half a woman, a clone that has a woman shape, with no will to live (Misato: "Living? Rei is not inclined to it").
She has no feelings-she is notmade to have, she hasto obey, love what has to be loved, fight.
Rei is the alpha, the first clone, and the omega, the end. The mother born from Adam crucified.
The first and the last (and the always;)). Rei (= teenager) won't understand Shinji's or anybody's feelings the way Rei (=mother) will.

Oedipic complex:all the charachters (Misato, Shinji, Asuka) hate their fathers, and deeper on: the more they hate the more thay need their presence.

In a bigger sight, Shinseiki Evangelion is the search for a missing father figure- the emperor, the national pride, a dad.

Anno's father lost his legs in a terrible accident... their relationship has never been good- Anno's psychoanalyst knows it pretty well....

Got your email, I'm translating....:)

Originally posted by atlantis

Mhn mhn....which one?

Heh, it appears MY english would need some improvement - unlike yours, which is usually very fluent and easy to understand. I, of course, meant the Italian text, which is impossible for me to understand (btw, my father studied Italian some ten years ago - perhaps I should ask for his help...). I have had no trouble reading your postings in english. (again, a serious smilie would be needed)

-Villain