Anime. anyone?

Canned Leech

Why am i so awesome?
Jul 30, 2001
New Jersey
Visit site
I noticed that some of you watch anime. im just curious as to which ones you like. Currently i am watching Kenshin, up to about episode 63. I also like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gundam Wing, and i used to love Dragonball, but im not that much into them anymore.

Anime movies ive watched and liked are Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll, and Princess Mononoke. So what about you guys?

I used to be really into anime, as my city had the largest anime rental facility in Canada.. maybe North America. This was back between 94-97. I love Neon Genesis Evangelion, El Hazard, and Record of Lodoss War.

I've seen lots of others, but nothing that stuck with me like those three did. I always like watching it, but the only stuff to rent here is Blockbuster's selection..

Anime movies ive watched and liked are Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll, and Princess Mononoke. So what about you guys?

Good ones! In addition I enjoyed Record of Lodoss War and Wicked City more or less, but my favorite is Fist of the North Star :D

I don't mind a bit of anime. I've watched Neon Genesis, DragonBall Z, Gunsmith Cats (?), and I've seen quite a few movies like Akira, Ninja Scroll (got it on DVD), Patlabor, Fist of the North Star (awesome film), Ghost in the Shell and lots of others that I can't remember the title to.

I haven't really been keeping up with recent stuff but some of my favorites are:
Battle Angel
Blood Reign
Lain (the series)

Japanese cinema overall kicks some major ass!!!!

Originally posted by Oyo
I never really got anime, care to tell me where I can obtain some without paying?

Download that Morpheus file sharing program. You'll be able to download a lot of single episodes and full movies of popular anime. Of course, that's very illegal :rolleyes:

You all cannot possibly mean to tell me that none of you enjoy the Urotsukidoji Series? Come on... where all all the sick hentai/bloodbath addicted freaks?

Series I like:

Love Hina
Neon Genesis
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Lain
DNA
Escaflowne
Ayashi No Ceres
Megami Kouhosei Candidate for Goddess
Geneshaft
Excel Saga
Digi Charat
Ah! My goddess

Movies.

End Of Evangelion
Princess Mononoke
Ninja Scroll
Urotsukidoji I and II
Akira
Ghost In The Shell
Blood The Last Vampire
Vampire Hunter D
Oh! My Goddess

I love it , I live for it.

I LOVE JAPAN!

KAWAIIII!!!

^_^
Totoro

Originally posted by Canned Leech
haha totoro i remember i saw that when i was really little. that was one kick-ass kiddie anime

kiddie anime? anyway, i loved it!!!

totoro is an amazing creature, quite spooky.

I've got this big poster of totoro and the kids up the tree playing their little flutes.

such a beutiful movie.

OOP{S I Forgot to mention..

Wings of Honnemaise is one of my fav movies too.

and Inuyasha another fav series.

I've seen some anime, but not a whole lot. My absolute favorite is Vampire Hunter D. I also like Battle Angle alot. I want to see Ghost in the Shell, it was very highly recomended by some of my friends.

I can't believe you forgot RANMA 1/2.....the coolest animes ever.....with cute girls like shampoo and akane and nabiki.

i used to own NINJA SCROLL.......and battle angel alita.
neon genesis, evangelion.........bubble crisis: tokyo 2040 rocks.....

I saw princess mononoke on the big screen the other day.....thats very nice.......except the deer gods face sucked.

I really luuve anime, and allso a lot of manga, but what I wanted to ask u ppl was this: does anyone remember a series that was kalled Shagma(it was French i think), it is not really manga, but it was really great!
so I wonder if some of u know some place I could bye a collection DVD of it or something, would prefer them in orginal language...

They're way better than most of "real" movies!

I've seen
-Ninja scroll (my fav)
-Wicked city
-Urotsukidoji I-V or something. The first episode is great!!!
-Patlabor
-Ghost in a shell
-Something like demon worshipping or... (don't remember the name)

Also seen few of the first episodes of the Evangelion shit...It RAWKS!

My favorite anime ever has to be The Vision of Escaflowne. If you haven't seen it, rent it, buy it, steal it whatever. Just watch it. It's got fantasy, it's got big robots (they run on steam), it's got action, it's got intertwining love plots, and some of the most memorable characters, and the best music I've heard in an anime(Macross 2 and Macross Plus come dang close though). Yoko Kanno rules!