Anime

Hows Neon Genesis Evangelion (sp). I hear it's pretty much one of the best (if not the best) anime ever. Anyone care to explain a little of the plot and how good it is? I may check it out.

Two words:

robotech-5.jpg

bump3.jpg

What anime are you watching currently? Any new favorites? I watched Gungrave last week and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. And yes I know this was a 3 year old bump.

I'm not currently watching any animé as I've been busy with live-action series for a while. I watched Legend of Galactic Heroes earlier this year and despite the mediocre art it's probably my favourite animé ever, with Death Note in second place.

I also thought about watching FMA, but I would watch the Japanese version. Watching Samurai Champloo and Berserk right now. Then Samurai Deeper Kyo after those. Champloo's a bit better than I had imagined it to be.

I'm not currently watching any animé as I've been busy with live-action series for a while. I watched Legend of Galactic Heroes earlier this year and despite the mediocre art it's probably my favourite animé ever, with Death Note in second place.

I'm currently watching LOGH (ep 30), and it's pretty damn good as you said, albeit a bit too slow at times. I like that there's only classical music in the show (except from in the intro).

I'm currently watching LOGH (ep 30), and it's pretty damn good as you said, albeit a bit too slow at times. I like that there's only classical music in the show (except from in the intro).

It gets better, at least it did for me. It's one of those shows that grow in your mind after you've watched it, when you realize how fucking haunting everything is.

The biggest problem I had with it was not actually the art, but the battles. They're bullshit, tedious spouting of generic tactical phrases and pretty lasers. Understanding the strategy is hopeless, it's not detailed enough for that (of course, that would be perhaps far more tedious).

I'm watching Code Geass right now, I finished season 1 and I'm about halfway through season 2. I used to hate all things mech, but this shit is pretty damn good! Next up: Evangelion!

I just watched the first episode of Highschool of the Dead. Looks great. Can anyone tell me what the best site is for streaming free anime. A Google search yields quite a lot of results.

I ended up watching all twelve episodes of Highschool of the Dead in one night, making it the first anime series I've watched all the way through. It was awesome.

I recently watched Shigurui as well. It was good but not as good as I expected.

Which would you recommend I watch first, Blood+ or Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex? I should mention that I have seen both Blood: The Last Vampire and the original Ghost in the Shell and enjoyed them both.

High School of the Dead is godawful and easily the worst animé I've ever seen. Admittedly, I do pick my animés with care so I haven't seen that many horrible ones, with HSotD, Noir and Tokko being the worst I've had the misfortune of seeing.

Watching the first episode of HSotD, I thought it seemed promising. A little bit too fan-servicey, but aside from that, there was nothing blatantly wrong with it. And it's got zombies, so I thought, if it at least turns out to have a halfway decent cast, it might be enjoyable. But it had to have one of the worst casts ever. I seriously can't remember the name of a single one of the female characters.