Anime

.hack//sign
Serial Experiment Lain

Yes at Lain but sadly no matter how intellectual you are it will fly over most peoples heads with no impact or people will take it too deeply or the wrong way.

If you want something truely deep, watch She, The Ultimate Weapon

It is my favourite 13 Episode anime series and one of my all time favourites, this is a recommendation to anyone that likes Drama.

The general story is a young girl is transformed into Japans last hope in the worlds last war, you dont get told why and if you are the sort that endlessly fusses over details and likes to poke at the nuts and bolts in concepts it will annoy you. It will annoy you because the story is told entirely through the view of one person, the boy she loves, either in real time or as he is reading her journals. He only knows what she writes about or what he experiences or is told, so it is a very narrow, non-political look at the entire events. It doesn't explain this though at every turn, there are no endless monologues like Naruto or DBZ on what you just saw explaining it, it is best looked at for its symbolism and poetry. Some would call the love far-fetched but it is young love, which tends to be quick and all at once. It is the sort of thing that if you can look at with a completely open mind will touch you and move you, I remember the first time I saw it I watched the whole series in one sitting and had a depressive air over me for a week.

That is my recommendation, I hope someone reads it.

There is a companion O.V.A with an alternate view point, watch it after out of curiosity, dont expect the same experience or touch if you felt any

No, thankfully it was only 95 episodes because it started to REALLY drop off in quality after the Shishio arc due to them wandering off and not waiting for the manga to catch up. Really the episode after the end of the Shishio fight is the one I stop watching at and then I play Trust/Betrayal, then I'll finish it up - it ruins the continuity if you do it otherwise.

I used to be into Anime.

I was into Inu Yasha, Naruto and Chrono Crusade. But then when I got into guitar and music I got bored of Anime.

Me and my friends make fun of Anime now, like how Shikamaru in Naruto wears a whore shirt.

There was this annoying kid in one of my classes in school who would talk with his friend about anime non-stop. And his friend looked like a girl, me and a teacher thought he was a girl, except the teacher thought he was for a few months, I thought he was for a couple of weeks.

DBZ was good back in the day, there are much better shows now. GT is damn good, because it is higher budget and has better animation. It bugs the shit outta me when it looks like animators take shortcuts, and it happens in DBZ all the time.

I hate how the DBZ and DBGT talk too much. Especially DBGT, you could cram all the time worth of fighting in it into half an episode.

I like Samurai Champloo. I like how some episodes are funny while others have more of a serious tone.

I split my sides when someone mentioned the concept of that to me. It isn't that bad though.

Afro Samurai is decent, I just wont watch it on principle (and the fact I dont particularly go for fighting anime).

Anyone else a big fan of Otogo Zoshi?

hiya :p

As to your question, yes definitely!! i And I've only seen the first volume, which is fourteen episodes. There is another four or five volumes i believe, with around 40 more episodes, epic.:loco: Good characterization, beautiful to watch with a solid story (not to mention greatmusic). I must get around to the rest.

I didn't like Twelve Kingdoms at all, the whole thing seemed like a history lesson to me and I couldn't get into it at all. There comes a point where 6 episodes in a row are devoted to a story about a run away [whatever those spirits are called] and recapping that same story that it just drove me crazy and I had to give up. I realize they were trying to get the viewer involved in the whole culture of the world but it was so boring.

Anyways, my favorte anime are Futakoi Alternative, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu(spelling?), FMA, Wolf's Rain, Bleach, both GITS series, and Escaflowne - the series responsible for getting me into anime :]

Futakoi Alternative is the epitome of serious kawii fun. If you've seen Futakoi don't let that turn you away, it's called "Alternative" because it's completely unrelated to the stupid 3rd grade harem :]