Favorite Bible passages?

Arcticspiderwolf

New Metal Member
Nov 22, 2013
Since most of this forum is Christian and Theocracy's music is almost exclusively about religion, I thought it would be interesting to start a discussion about this. :D My personal fave is Ecclesiastes, because it's one of the most personal books.

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
Matthew 19:24, because it stands as a testament to our hypocrisy day in day out.

Eva, don't worry that your frequent posting doesn't get a lot of replies, just keep going!

Bear in mind that some of us have been posting here for more than 10 years and have discussed just about every topic in that time :D That's part of why some of us don't say much until there's some new Theocracy news to discuss.

Hey SeaStorm, where's your favourite Bible passage?
Edit: Thanks for answering below.
I just figured I'd ask, since you'd replied to this thread without saying.

My personal fave is Ecclesiastes, because it's one of the most personal books.

I love Ecclesiastes too, especially chapter 9, verse 4:
"For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion."

I also adore Psalm 122, particularly verses 1 and 6:
1. "I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD."
6. "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee."

Hey SeaStorm, where's your favourite Bible passage?

Well, I can't say I have an all-time favorite, but my current favorite is 2 Peter 3:10-14

"But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a mighty roar and the elements will be dissolved by fire, and the earth and everything done on it will be found out.

Since everything is to be dissolved in this way, what sort of persons ought (you) to be, conducting yourselves in holiness and devotion, waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved in flames and the elements melted by fire. But according to his promise we await new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Therefore, beloved, since you await these things, be eager to be found without spot or blemish before him, at peace."

At various times Matthew 25:34-46 (the Corporal Works of Mercy) will sit atop the list.

1 Peter 2:24 - tells us that our healing is already complete.

Romans 10:9- formula for salvation (works are not a prerequisite).

Luke 11:2-4 - tells us how to pray and reveals what God's will is.

Luke 11:9- the promise that God will give us what we ask for.