Favorite Board Games?

Trivial Pursuit is definitely the top of my list...I have way too many useless factoids floating around in my brain ;)

Also:
Life
Scrabble
Monopoly (but not that often)
Boggle (does that count?)
Sorry
Backgammon
Couple of D&D board games that I liked playing with friends: HeroQuest and Talisman

Interesting too that nobody has mentioned the game Aggravation. That was a family tradition whenever I went to visit my grandparents...and I don't think I've played it since they died.

I'd never heard of it until now. After reading up on it at wikipedia I feel I can confidently say it's not a game for me.
In fact, with so many activities where you have to know who's who just to participate I consider myself unqualified.
I'm happy if I know who I'm playing with. :loco:
However, I'm sure that, as with most games, in company of good friends there's lots of fun to be had.

Fair enough. I agree with most of that, except Cranium thankfully has enough drawing with you eyes closed and spelling things backwards that I forgive it the times when I have almost no idea who a pop culture icon is.

On a side note, it's good to see a few people pimping Munchkin on here. That's probably the best card game available right now.

We picked up The Order of the Stick Adventure Game. It's not really a board game as there is no board. Instead, you use cards to randomly create a dungeon as you play the game. It plays like a board game though. It's pretty fun, though I think it would be more fun with more people than just the two of us. It's damn silly.

For those of you that don't know, The Order of the Stick is a comic that parodies traditional, PnP, RPGs.

When we bought that game, we also bought Settlers of Catan. It's great! It's for 3-4 players only, but there you can find rules to let you play with two people. It takes about 15 minutes to learn, but it seems very replayable as the board is random. I was worried that it would be a complicated game. It isn't. It's simple, but fun.