Favorite Board Games?

Card games....Anybody remember Miles Borne? I used to love that game as a kid.

We need to start up a multiplayer board game online. There are tons of online resources and we could use one thread on this board to track things. I've played Diplomacy that way. BTW, Pellaz, Diplomacy also does not use dice. It's all about making deals with and screwing the other players.

I like Trivial Pursuit too. I suck at Yellow and Pink. I think that's Sports (I'm into Metal, not sports) and Entertainment. Luckily, yardley's damn good at Entertainment, so the two of us make a good team. We struggle with Sports though.

BTW, Pellaz, Diplomacy also does not use dice. It's all about making deals with and screwing the other players.

Yep, I've only ever watched Diplomacy being played, not actually played it myself, otherwise I'd have mentioned it.
I remember that the game relied on.....well, diplomacy. :lol:
--Or, sometimes, a shocking lack thereof. :heh:

So are you guys going to do a Civ play by e-mail game?

LOL!

For a second I thought you said "play-by-mail" games, which were a curious sub-set of gaming 'back in the good ol' days.'

A friend of mine was a devoted player of two PBM games, StarWeb and It's a Crime! I think the old PBM games ran based on one turn every two weeks. (!)

I just got back from Gamers Paradise (A midwest chain?) that carries all the cool board games as well as D&D stuff, puzzles, and everything inbetween.

"Gamer's Paradise, the specialty retailer founded in 1979 by local entrepreneur Philip Schwartzer, is liquidating approximately $1 million in games, toys and collectibles as part of a strategic consolidation that involves closing three of its six remaining stores, said Stevan Buxbaum, executive vice president of Buxbaum Group, the Agoura Hills, Calif.-based firm running the sale."

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/07-21-2008/0004852528&EDATE=

i just got back from wiping the floor with 8 year olds in board games, (im working at a summer camp)
i forgot how good just a game of chess is. i didnt mention that...its classic, but who wouldn't love to sit down a play a game of chess once in a while?:kickass:

i just got back from wiping the floor with 8 year olds in board games, (im working at a summer camp)
i forgot how good just a game of chess is. i didnt mention that...its classic, but who wouldn't love to sit down a play a game of chess once in a while?:kickass:

"So, Billy, did you have fun at summer camp? What did you do?"

"Mom, some camp counselor kicked my ass 25 times in chess!"

:lol:

I'm a fan of strategy board games, but recently only one board has kept my eye.

CRANIUM

I got the WOW version (no, there aren't orcs or night elves) a little while ago, and it's taken up all of our drunken board gaming nights recently.

I'm a fan of strategy board games, but recently only one board has kept my eye.

CRANIUM
I'd never heard of it until now. After reading up on it at wikipedia I feel I can confidently say it's not a game for me.
In fact, with so many activities where you have to know who's who just to participate I consider myself unqualified.
I'm happy if I know who I'm playing with. :loco:
However, I'm sure that, as with most games, in company of good friends there's lots of fun to be had.