Favorite Brutal Band

Decrepit Birth - ..And Time Begins
Disgorge - Cranial Impalement
Vile - Stench of The Deceased
Exhumed - Gore Metal
Devourment - 1.3.8
Brodequin - Festival Of Death

SADUDE said:
The Red Chord... If you like Cryptopsy you probably might like these guys. Great innovative brutal "deathcore?" hsahahah from up the street in massachusetts. Good stuff though

I love The Red Chord. \m/

Naggamanteh said:
You have already demonstrated (both here as well as on another server) that you don't know very much about brutal DM. If you don't see how Decrepit Birth are superior to what you call "old NYDM scene" (judging by the lists of your favourite bands, you seem to be the type that falls in love with certain albums that are probably 10 years old by now and everything that comes after them is crap) maybe you should resort to posting about Demilich (that is "burping", if anything)... but not on this thread please, you are only confusing people who are looking for up-to-date, quality and perhaps highly technical brutal stuff.

Agreed. UL Records are awesome. I personally think Disavowed do a great job of working off Suffocation's influence.

Naggamanteh said:
My current toplist includes all the bands with Chad on the drums, especially:

Pustulated - Inherited Cryptorchidism *
Brodequin - Festival of Death *
Dislimb - Bleeding Anxiety

And also:

Lust of Decay - Infesting the Exhumed *
Disgorge - Consume the Forsaken *
Decrepit Birth - ...And Time Begins *
Brodequin - Prelude to Execution
Foetopsy - Dyspartum
Enmity - Vomit Forth Intestinal Excrement
Saprogenic - The Wet Sound of Flesh on Concrete (Disgorge/Devourment-style vocals, although musically more similar to Immolation)
Putrid Pile - Collection of Butchery
Wormed - Planisphaerium
Mental Horror - Proclaiming Vengeance
Purulent - Garavito's Pedophilia Tales

* - absolutely stand-out albums in one aspect or another

Lust of Decay - Infesting the Exhumed (Only a few tracks)
Disgorge - Consume the Forsaken (I need that)
Decrepit Birth - ...And Time Begins (Have it, love it)
Brodequin - Prelude to Execution (Didn't like Festival Of Death as much as I should have)
Foetopsy - Dyspartum (Need)
Enmity - Vomit Forth Intestinal Excrement (Yup, need that)
Saprogenic - The Wet Sound of Flesh on Concrete (Disgorge/Devourment-style vocals, although musically more similar to Immolation) (Heard OF it, must get)
Putrid Pile - Collection of Butchery (Need)
Wormed - Planisphaerium (4th best metal record of 2003)
Mental Horror - Proclaiming Vengeance (I have one song)
Purulent - Garavito's Pedophilia Tales (Need)

Worm-Infested Intestinal Tract said:
Agreed. UL Records are awesome. I personally think Disavowed do a great job of working off Suffocation's influence.
Yup, I went to the Obscene Extreme festival in Czech republic last year, Disavowed were the best band by a mile (although Pyaemia were decent too). I also like Internal Suffering, inspired by Suffo but probably doing a better job.

Disgorge - Consume the Forsaken (I need that)
Brodequin - Prelude to Execution (Didn't like Festival Of Death as much as I should have)
I like your music taste, I think I am going to check out Alienation Mental though. Noticed you like Disgorge, they got even better on the Consume the Forsaken album and the production is very clean, highlighting the technicality and brutality. A friend of mine went to their concert in Vienna last year (or maybe in 2002) and got to talk to Diego Sanches... seems like Disgorge had been practicing a lot, that would explain why the music is so intense. Can't wait for their new album.

As for Brodequin, some people I know like their first album Instruments of Torture better... it is slower and the music is easier to decipher. I have a thing for Festival of Deadh though, the drumming is fast and brutal as fuck and this album more or less got me into brutal music, so I will always be biased towards them. :)

Unique Leader are currently my second favorite record label. Disavowed, Pyaemia, and Psycroptic are amazing.

I've already heard Gorerotted, Malignancy, and Abaddon Incarnate. Malignancy rule.

Will do on the others. What albums are best?
Internal Bleeding - Driven To Conquer
Necrophagist - Onset Of Putrefaction
Hate Eternal - Conquering The Throne
Insision - Beneath The Folds Of Flesh

Naggamanteh said:
I like your music taste, I think I am going to check out Alienation Mental though. Noticed you like Disgorge, they got even better on the Consume the Forsaken album and the production is very clean, highlighting the technicality and brutality. A friend of mine went to their concert in Vienna last year (or maybe in 2002) and got to talk to Diego Sanches... seems like Disgorge had been practicing a lot, that would explain why the music is so intense. Can't wait for their new album.

As for Brodequin, some people I know like their first album Instruments of Torture better... it is slower and the music is easier to decipher. I have a thing for Festival of Deadh though, the drumming is fast and brutal as fuck and this album more or less got me into brutal music, so I will always be biased towards them. :)

Thanks.

Only reason I dislike FoD by Brodequin is that I think it's trying too hard to be BR00THAL. Everything sounds so jumbled. But Mazzetello is a good song. :D

Naggamanteh said:
Yup, I went to the Obscene Extreme festival in Czech republic last year, Disavowed were the best band by a mile (although Pyaemia were decent too). I also like Internal Suffering, inspired by Suffo but probably doing a better job.

FUCK YOU. That show is supposed to kick ass. Were Poppy Seed Grinder on that one?

Fuck, I mixed up Brutal Assault and Obscene Extreme, 2 festival in Czech I went to last summer. Anyways, I know of Poppy Seed Grinder but I don't remember seeing them, it was impossible to see all the bands I would have liked to.

Naggamanteh said:
Fuck, I mixed up Brutal Assault and Obscene Extreme, 2 festival in Czech I went to last summer. Anyways, I know of Poppy Seed Grinder but I don't remember seeing them, it was impossible to see all the bands I would have liked to.

On the whole fucking internet, I can only find one PSG song. :yell:

Do you have SoulSeek?

I do have Soulseek, but I use DC++. One of my friends is a fan of stuff like Poppy Seed Grinder and Pigsty, I am confident I can grab some mp3's from him and let you download off my comp. I'll get back to you, going out now

Naggamanteh said:
You have already demonstrated (both here as well as on another server) that you don't know very much about brutal DM. If you don't see how Decrepit Birth are superior to what you call "old NYDM scene" (judging by the lists of your favourite bands, you seem to be the type that falls in love with certain albums that are probably 10 years old by now and everything that comes after them is crap) maybe you should resort to posting about Demilich (that is "burping", if anything)... but not on this thread please, you are only confusing people who are looking for up-to-date, quality and perhaps highly technical brutal stuff.

Why are you such a stupid jewboy?

I surely don't see how Decrepit Birth is superior to Immolation. Maybe you could explain it. It ain't the songwriting, that's for certain.

I like good music. The date of release is irrelevant.

I like Demilich for reasons other than their vocals. Further, what does Demilich have to do with brutal death metal?

You have demonstrated here and elsewhere than you get a hard-on listening to blastcore with plenty of slam riffing. Hell, you like Devourment. Perhaps it is your opinion that means nothing.