Favorite cd of all time??

Originally posted by DEEK
probably an album that the majority of you haven't even heard of (i'm guessing, anyway):
Trouble- The Skull

legendary doom metal album. one of the first true doom albums (although it was their second) of the 80's. great album

THE SKULL!!!!THE SKULL!!!!!!! NO ONE ROCKED HARDER TO PRAY FOR THE DEAD DURING 2 OF THEIR 3 REUNION SHOWS THAN THY!!!!!lol i feel insulted almost by it...

the skull does rule...it is one of me favs too....

Originally posted by NvmbrsDoom5
Y'know, one weird thing I have noticed over the years, is that Acid Bath have this huge female folllowing. It seems like nine out of ten times that I meet someone who is an Acid Bath fan, they are female. That's certainly not a bad thing but its really odd. I have even met girls who are only fourteen and fifteen and they are into Acid Bath. I just wonder how the hell they discover them considering that they never received any real mainstream press or exposure. I once checked out this Acid Bath fan webring, and it was all females....crazy....definately a band that has a strong cult following and alot of mystique surrounding them....
And I still don't own any of their albums! Though I have really liked what I heard of them. I do have the video for "Toubaboo Koomi" (or whatever its called) and that song is pretty killer.

acid bath was christ...plain and simple...both their records were completely amazing...dax riggs went on to form agents of oblivion and now has deadboyandtheelephantmen...both are more rockish than acid bath but both are still very good....
www.mp3.com/deadboyandtheelephantmen...the gal factor bout acid bath i also see... i think it may have somethign to do with the morrision-esque ways or dax riggs... plus the fact that they are christ...and once agian... if ya want copies of acid baths stuff let me know...

Originally posted by DEEK
probably an album that the majority of you haven't even heard of (i'm guessing, anyway):
Trouble- The Skull

legendary doom metal album. one of the first true doom albums (although it was their second) of the 80's. great album[/i]

I think the Skull and Psalm 9 are VERY close CDs for me. I can't really decide which is better. Its almost like a 2 cd set.

Well, maybe one of the following 3 albums...

Edge of Sanity - Crimson
Opeth - Still Life
My Dying Bride - TLATEOTW

WOW. guess i was wrong about no one knowing who Trouble is!!! :) and i'm glad to know i was wrong!! every metal head should know these guys!!

out of curiosity, do either of you (Novembers Paul and turnloosetheswans) have their Manic Frustration album??

I have Manic Frustration, good album. Not a favorite Trouble album but there is no such thing as a bad Trouble album.

I think everyone in our band has the entire Trouble catalog. We're all big fans of theirs and friends with them as well. Good to see more Trouble fans out there.

Wow, I was very surprised to see Acid Bath mentioned in this thread. I would definitely rank them as my second favorite band ever (behind Opeth) if not my favorite band. They basically introduced me to metal, and I always seem to crawl back to them. Dax has one of the most unique voices ever, and together as a band they were simply amazing. I have a bunch of live shows, videos, their Hymns of the Needle Freaks demo from 93, an old faded shirt, both album cover shirts, the new DVD, etc. etc. I was so obsessed with them for the longest time and still am very drawn to them.

I love Agents of Oblivion as well and think it showcases his vocals brilliantly. I also love the Gummo sound clips included throughout the album. I have yet to buy the full length of Deadboy but have heard some mp3s and enjoy them just not as much as AoO.

I guess to answer the question it's a tie between Acid Bath's "When The Kite String Pops" and Opeth's "My Arms, Your Hearse". Two brilliant albums.

i...in complete metal dorkness...own every trouble cd.. including manic frustration...and its rad...every trouble record rules in its own way... trouble owns....they have been a fav of mine since i was like 10 and while alot of stuff i liked at that age[i was a big helix fan mind you], trouble stayed with me so easily...and when i listen to any of their cds now i find stuff i that totally went over my head when i was a lil hesher....so yeah... trouble=hearts over turnloosetheswans head

Originally posted by OpethianSoul
Wow, I was very surprised to see Acid Bath mentioned in this thread. I would definitely rank them as my second favorite band ever (behind Opeth) if not my favorite band. They basically introduced me to metal, and I always seem to crawl back to them. Dax has one of the most unique voices ever, and together as a band they were simply amazing. I have a bunch of live shows, videos, their Hymns of the Needle Freaks demo from 93, an old faded shirt, both album cover shirts, the new DVD, etc. etc. I was so obsessed with them for the longest time and still am very drawn to them.

I love Agents of Oblivion as well and think it showcases his vocals brilliantly. I also love the Gummo sound clips included throughout the album. I have yet to buy the full length of Deadboy but have heard some mp3s and enjoy them just not as much as AoO.

I guess to answer the question it's a tie between Acid Bath's "When The Kite String Pops" and Opeth's "My Arms, Your Hearse". Two brilliant albums.

the deadboy full length is awesome... i cant go anywhere wearin my acid bath tee and not get harrassed about it and where i got it from....

AND GUMMO FUCKIN RULES!!!!!

This is a hard one...who can pick just one??

1. Slayer, Reign in Blood
2. Opeth, Still Life
3. Testament, New Order
4. Sanctuary, Into The Mirror Black
5. Katatonia, Last Far Deal Gone Down

I could go on....and on....

Originally posted by MindInsane
This is a hard one...who can pick just one??

1. Slayer, Reign in Blood
2. Opeth, Still Life
3. Testament, New Order
4. Sanctuary, Into The Mirror Black
5. Katatonia, Last Far Deal Gone Down

I could go on....and on....

VERY nice list! All among my top 20 as well! Well, maybe not sanctuary, but that is a great cd!

Originally posted by Novembers Paul
VERY nice list! All among my top 20 as well! Well, maybe not sanctuary, but that is a great cd!

Thanks! I decided to list cds that I can put in my player in my car and leave them in for a couple of days at a time (without skipping any tracks!) Well....except for "We Must Bury You" on LFDGD..can't handle the drum machine in that one..

wow. Turn loose the Swans is on alot of your lists. I kind of feel weird. I am in the middle of my second listen of it right now! Im late getting into MDB, but I have known about them for a year now. My top 5 ablums are
In Flames-Whoracle
Iced Earth-the Dark Saga
In Flames-the Jester Race
Testament-the New Order
Children of Bodom-Hatebreeder

A cd I forgot to mention before that is definately an all time favorite is "Into The Pandamoneum" by Celtic Frost. Big influence on me musically (you can hear that in songs like 'Last God' on The Knowing...) I like all other CF too, but that album really blew me away when it came out.

Haha, lar- even when we were working on the keyboards for 'Last God', Chris (Djuricic, producer) said the french horn-type sounds we were adding gave it a Frost-like feel.
I STILL owe him that vinyl of Emperor's Return I stole from WNUR. Paul should hopefully still have it-
do you have it, P-Master-P?

Originally posted by chupe666
Haha, lar- even when we were working on the keyboards for 'Last God', Chris (Djuricic, producer) said the french horn-type sounds we were adding gave it a Frost-like feel.
I STILL owe him that vinyl of Emperor's Return I stole from WNUR. Paul should hopefully still have it-
do you have it, P-Master-P?

ummm....... I hope so! hahahah! Im sure I do. It's still in a box somewhere. Ill look for it!

Watchtower "Control and Resistance"
Fates Warning "Awaken the Guardian" "Perfect Symmetry"
Psychotic Waltz "Mosquito"
Dream Theater "Images and Words"
Mekong Delta "The music of Erich Zann"

Well... "The Knowing" will always be one of my fave cd because of "Silent Tomorrow" and ask me in about 10 years about my all-time fave cd´s, I sure will mention "To Welcome the Fade" too[ at the moment I think it´s not okay to name a cd that´s only a few months old at an all-time-fave-cd-Thread] ;)

Thats a nice list there....I've worn out a couple of copies of "Control and Resistance" from listening to it so much. That would rank somewhere in my all time list certainly.

Both I and our drummer Joe are huge Mekong Delta fans. Not too many people seem to be familiar with them, in the U.S. especially. I think my favorite Mekong Delta cd would be "Dances of Death" but its hard to pick a favorite of theirs, really.

I know you aren´t Eric, I also know you aren´t Paul, you´re talking about your drummer Joe...so I guess you´re Larry ....thank you so very much for the guitar-pick I got. Me and Dirk are very happy about it :)