favorite albums of 2010

I wonder if the final part of the Virgin Black "Requiem" trilogy is finally coming out this year. There's been no news from The End or the band. It's pretty strange, especially since The End originally stated all 3 parts would be released in about a year and a half. It's going on 4 years!

Just took a couple listens of Nachtmystium- Addicts, not sure what to think yet, need to get my head wrapped around it more. Interesting for sure.

new decrepit birth is amazing, just saw last night at summer slaughter and the put on a great show!

just heard the new these are they track, the massacre, damn heavy!! its up on there myspace, could really end up being top ten material! good job paul.

Eibon--Entering Darkness. French band's debut. Doom/death/sludge/post rock. This type has been done many times before, but Eibon bring a "fresh" quality to their music. I have it now in my top5, with still more time in 2010. Certainly, worthy of an hour of your time.

I have to disagree with some of the people here, I think this year has been one of the best ever for Doom/Death and Dark metal.

Remembrance - Fall, Obsidian Night
Alcest - Écailles de lune
Les Discrets - Septembre et Ses Derniers Pensees
Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones
Mar de Grises - Streams Inwards
Omit - Repose
October Falls - A Collapse of Faith
Rotting Christ - Aealo
Ludicra - The Tenant
On the Edge of the NetherRealm - Different Realms
Helevorn - Forthcoming Displeasures
Fauna - The Hunt
In Mourning - Monolith
The Foreshadowing - Oionos
Ea - Au Ellai

This looks more like a wet dream than an actual list and I know I missed some!

Just finished listening to the new Melvins recently. Yeah...like these guys ever disappoint!

I've also got new Maiden and Black Label Society to look forward to. So much to listen to, so little time to do it all.

I have to disagree with some of the people here, I think this year has been one of the best ever for Doom/Death and Dark metal.

Remembrance - Fall, Obsidian Night
Alcest - Écailles de lune
Les Discrets - Septembre et Ses Derniers Pensees
Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones
Mar de Grises - Streams Inwards
Omit - Repose
October Falls - A Collapse of Faith
Rotting Christ - Aealo
Ludicra - The Tenant
On the Edge of the NetherRealm - Different Realms
Helevorn - Forthcoming Displeasures
Fauna - The Hunt
In Mourning - Monolith
The Foreshadowing - Oionos
Ea - Au Ellai

This looks more like a wet dream than an actual list and I know I missed some!
Agree with most on this list. The Ea--Au Ellai is no 1 for Funeral/doom so far in 2010,for me. I'd add, Why Angels Fall--The Unveiling and Eibon--Entering Darkness. Wasn't too impressed with the new Remembrance or October Falls.

iron-maiden-final-frontier-picture-disc-lp.jpg

Agree with most on this list. The Ea--Au Ellai is no 1 for Funeral/doom so far in 2010,for me. I'd add, Why Angels Fall--The Unveiling and Eibon--Entering Darkness. Wasn't too impressed with the new Remembrance or October Falls.

I actually have not listened to either of those bands, thanks for the heads up.

Olafur Arnalds - ...and they have escaped the weight of darkness

Ihsahn - After

Deftones - Diamond Eyes

Wovenhand - The Threshing Floor

Not a great year, looking forward to the new enslaved though. The amazon previews are amazing.

just listened to the new enslaved single, ethica odini, on their myspace, its amazing, actually very upbeat in parts, ice does an AWESOME solo in it which makes me happy, if you liked vertabre, chances are you will love this!!