favorite albums of 2010

Listened to the new Blind Guardian over the weekend. Longer songs (most in the 6-9 minute range) with a lot going on in them. It kinda made my head spin while listening..but still pretty cool. I got the 2 CD special edition, which has demo mixes, an orchestral version of a track...a documentary, and quite surprising, a Heart cover!

This weekend I tackle the new Maiden

new maiden is their strongest in a while, with some tunes set to become absolute clasics, but is just missing something supper catchy and high energy, like run to the hills or aces high.

The alchemist :headbang:

New Blind Guardian is a win too.

haven't heard the new blind guardian, I'll listen to the alchemist again, but while I definitely enjoyed the song, it didn't get stuck in my head after one listen like the aforementioned songs.

Mar De Grises--Streams Inward.
Swans--My Father will guide me up a Rope to the Sky. Contains the song, You People make me Fucking Sick. Song title of the year!!

Best CD of 2010? THESE ARE THEY "DISPOSING OF BETRAYERS" Out this Tuesday the 14th! Everything else this year is SHIT in comparison! :D

Well, paul, you have some competition in the OSDM revival genra, hail of bullets is coming out with a new one in october :devil:

Just got the new Danzig. There are a ton of things about it that I don't like (guitar tone, many of the riffs, the frequent pinch harmonics), but it's just a kickass album.

He should have stopped calling the band DANZIG after the 4th album.
The first four are classic!!!

I wish he used his own personal history as a guide.
Just like when the Misfits were getting heavier and darker (IE - around EARTH AD), he disbanded, and formed SAMHAIN.

When SAMHAIN got new blood, he changed the name to DANZIG (A very last minute change, as the first DANZIG was to be a SAMHAIN album).

DANZIG 5 (blackacidevil) and beyond all have their moments, but will NEVER match the quality of the first 4 (primarily due to the fact Glenn had an AMAZING lineup then).

I have heard mixed things about the new one, but I am not even going to bother checking it out. It will be a pale comparison to his better years anyhow.

iron-maiden-final-frontier-picture-disc-lp.jpg

What a shocker :lol:

listened to the new these are they, that is something to be proud of!! top ten for sure, still waiting to see haw it stacks up against the new hail of bullets, but now I know that I have some great OSDM, which up till now this year has been lacking.

IMHO, this has been an EXCELLENT year for metal - the best in recent years. So many quality releases so far, and many promising ones yet to come (Agalloch, Hail of Bullets, Gris, Summoning, to name a few). With that said, my Top 10 to date would look something like this:

1. Enslaved - Axioma Ethica Odini
2. Dark Fortress - Ylem (this album took me completely by surprise - never expected them to be this good)
3. Twilight - Monument To End Time
4. Soreption - Deterioration of Minds
5. Imperium Dekadenz - Procella Vadens
6. Ea! - Eau Ellai
7. Nachtmystium - Addicts: Black Meddle Pt II
8. THESE ARE THEY - Disposing of Betrayers (awesome album guys!)
9. Witchery - Witchkrieg
10. Alcest - Ecailles de Lune