favorite drummers?

sorceron

ken
Jul 20, 2005
nyc
www.myspace.com
i like talking about drummers for some reason. what are you peoples favorite drummers right now?

ive always been into nick barker and hellhammer. i like how both those guys play whats right for the part instead of just mindless shred.

Fenriz is probably my favorite right now, since I'm listening to a lot of darkthrone but I also am digging Steve Smith, the guy is a god of drums, can play metal, jazz, fusion, anything.

If you're into fusion, check out Vital Tech Tones, Steve Smith plays drums on it.

The guy from Scarve is a maniac... Derek Roddy has nothing on him. But my all-time favourite drummer is Mike Mangini. Not only does he have the world record on most single strokes by hands per minute (1205 if i recall correctly, almost 20 strokes a second...), but he seems to have all his limbs working totally independent of each other. He also does crazy one hand tremolos on both hands and seems to be completely hermadextric too. In addition to that, he's also one of the most tasteful and versatile drummers on any scene.

Btw. Just listening to the songs on your myspace page, sounds really good! I have to get my hands on some kinda cd of yours.

yea Mike Mangini is sick. unreal.

i like Asgeir's drumming alot.

btw thanks dude! no cd out yet. i can send you a cdr with some songs burn on it sometime though.

Brad Riffs said:
Dirk Verbeuren is the dude from Scarve, Im sure you know but he also plays in Soilwork. He is quite the amazing drummer.
Fuck... I can never remember his last name. He doesn't sound as cool in Soilwork, he does some crazy shit there too but he must be holding back a lot there.

sorceron said:
yea Mike Mangini is sick. unreal.

i like Asgeir's drumming alot.

btw thanks dude! no cd out yet. i can send you a cdr with some songs burn on it sometime though.

Asgeir is good too. Not the most insane or wildest drummer but very stylish and stable. I heard he played a tour for Testament once.

We could make a switch, mail me at matti@crimsonlotus.org!

sorceron said:
i like talking about drummers for some reason. what are you peoples favorite drummers right now?

ive always been into nick barker and hellhammer. i like how both those guys play whats right for the part instead of just mindless shred.

yeh im gunna have to agree with you there Ken. Nick is an amazing drummer, his double bass and blastbeats are incredibly fast but still played with such presicion.