favorite drummers?

hellhammer (Jan Axel von Blomberg). i pretty much like anything ive heard him play on. theres been a couple times when i was listening to something and was thinking wow this is great and when i looked it up he was playing drums.

Brian Dixon of Cathedral is damn good, he doesnt use the most complicated beats or anything or double bass, but he uses different styles of drumming like jazz and stuff which i think is a lot better than most drummers today who just beat the shit out of their kit!

That's technique is quite easy, Rabb still does some crazy shit with that, BUT, the Buddy Rich trick... oh man... You can do the same thing without the rim bounce. Yoyo Mayer figured this out. Would be pretty useful for a extreme metal drummer.

CaGeD iN said:
i think their newer stuff is a lot better, in the song winds of creation by decapitated it was nuts, like too nuts, the dude from through the eyes of the dead is also good

Wasn't decapitated's drummer only like 15 or 16 when they did Winds of Creation?

Husker said:
Wasn't decapitated's drummer only like 15 or 16 when they did Winds of Creation?
I think so. I'm pretty sure he was around 17 or 18 on nihility, so it sounds about right. He kicks ass for sure though. I like listening to his kick, he does some intersting stuff with it, kind of like little fills instead of just following the rhythm of the guitars or bass all the time.