favorite albums of 2010

great_kthulu

Greater Evil
Apr 27, 2009
so here we are, three months into 2010, and what are some peoples favorite albums of the year so far?

Right now, I'm really dinging the kiuas album, Lustdriven.

I'd be curious to know what new albums have come out already for 2010 that people would recommend, because I don't think I've really heard much of anything yet this year that interests me. I like the new She & Him cd, but that doesn't interest many folks around here I'm sure.

I've been listening to the new Overkill and Immolation cds alot lately. I've also been getting into the new High On Fire, and I have to pick up the new Unleashed when it comes out, as well as Triptykon and Barren Earth.

The new Eluveitie, the new Van Canto, Mortemia's first and Orphaned Land's latest

I have heard good things about the latest Finntroll too

The new Eluveitie, the new Van Canto, Mortemia's first and Orphaned Land's latest

I have heard good things about the latest Finntroll too

i didnt like the new OL or borknagar as much as I had hoped. My favorite album so far is Ihsahn - After. Great stuff! And he finally is doing something "different" again.

What I'm diggin' so far:

Agrypnie - 16[485]
Ikuinen Kaamos - Fall of Icons
Imperium Dekadenz - Procella Vadens
Martriden - Encounter the Monolith
In Mourning - Monolith (hmm, must be the year of the Monolith :loco:)
Immolation - Majesty and Decay
Island - Island
Nest - Retold
Ares Kingdom - Incendiary

Looking forward to the new Barren Earth (the EP was killer!) and Triptykon

I've been listening to the new Overkill and Immolation cds alot lately. I've also been getting into the new High On Fire, and I have to pick up the new Unleashed when it comes out, as well as Triptykon and Barren Earth.

I don't want to get off on a rant here...but....

Triptykon is just fucking massive. :OMG: It's got all the heaviness of Monotheist, and that's a brilliant thing. Also anxiously awaiting the new Unleashed....I've heard good stuff about Overkill, who are usually a hit or miss band with me...Borknagar didn't impress on first spin, will have to revisit at a later time.

I'm on the fence about Fireball Ministry. Their debut rocked, their follow-up sucked. Fear Factory is everything I expected, so is High on Fire. And, even though it came out 3 years ago, my local CD store (ie FYE at the mall) just got "Lifeline" from Jesu. Now I never once gave 2 craps about Godflesh, but Jesu? Jesu are just like Novembers Doom, in that they are totally unfuckingtouchable, and can do no wrong whatsoever.

There. I'm done. Sorry for the longwinded response

So far this year I'm loving the new Martriden and Immolation, they're awesome albums.

Sigh was pretty good, as was Ihsahn.

I gotta check out the Triptykon album when I can, sounds great.

Alcest's new one is the best album since the best of 2008/maybe 2007.

After that, Eluvium, Ares Kingdom, Divine Eve, Burzum, Triptykon, and Balmorhea are all pretty good, need to listen to 'em more though. Still haven't gotten to either new Negura Bunget release either.

New Unleashed is everything I thought it would be, which is totally killer! The digipak version's got an extra track (Death cover)...totally worth checking out.

Alcest--Ecaille de Lune and Les Discrets--Final Days of September(English) are just well, fuckin' beautiful. Triptykon, so far is the best metal album I've heard. Nokturnal Mortum--Voice of Steel is a massive beast, although it was released on December 26, 2009. Close enough for me. Will be checking out the Imperium Dekadenz--Procella Vadens when it arrives in the mailbox.