Favorite cd of all time??

Ocean Machine - Biomech

for me this is really a perfect album! tons of beautiful melodies, diversity (heavy, mellow), atmosphere, arrangement of the songs, song transitions...I can' tell how many times I've listened to it (preferrably at night with headphones)...

i have like 600 + albums so its next to impossible to pick one so i'll try to narrow it down to a reasonable number

Pink Floyd-The Wall
My Dying Bride-Turn Loose the Swans
Anathema-Serenades
Morgion-Solinari (can't wait for the new one!!!)
Emperor-Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
Morbid Angel-Altars of Madness
Cryptopsy-None so Vile
Slayer-Show no Mercy, Reign in Blood
Van Halen 1 (without that album i would've never picked up a guitar)

Okay. I;ll post my list and contribute to the general discussion. Bear in mind that I often associate albums with one another relative to the meaning they have to me personally.

Devin Townsend - City/Ocean Machine
Devin was "MY" first musician. I stumbled across him without the help of the local college DJ or my friends. So, these albums are important personally in that they opened me to pretty much everything on this list. On top of that, the emotion on these is pretty much pure and unfiltered, maintaining effectiveness even after the 5+ years I've had them.

Evoken - Quietus/Thergothon - Stream From the Heavens
I had issues with doom early on. These albums taught me the patience to get into it, and several other forms of music as well.

Mournful Congregation - Dawning of Mournful Hymns
I give props to anything that can depress me that severely.

The Wildhearts - Earth vs. The Wildhearts
A right good time that actually manages to avoid being an insult to my intellect.

Isaac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul
'nuff said!

Especially Likely Sloth - Panda Rescue
Wow. Simply... wow.

Apologies for digging up this thread but I was reading through the old posts and just can't resist posting.

Fave cd of all time for me is 'The Perfect Element pt1' by Pain of Salvation with 'Brave by Marillion as runner up.

Always difficult to pick one or even 10, but for me I go with-Allman Brothers Band-"Live at the Fillmore." Miles Davis-"Kind of Blue". Beatles-"Hard Days Night" Jimi Hendrix-"Electric Ladyland" Bob Dylan-"Blonde on Blonde" Opeth-"Morningrise". Katatonia-"Brave Murder Day." Ulver-"Kveldssanger".

i have like 600 + albums so its next to impossible to pick one so i'll try to narrow it down to a reasonable number

Morgion-Solinari (can't wait for the new one!!!)

Have you heard Cloaked yet? That to me was their best album, by far topped anything they ever did. But Solinari was amazing too!

That album came out about 2 years ago, Since then, they broke up and Rhett and Justin started Keen Of The Crow. They just kinda broke up a few months ago, which is a huge bummer as I too am a long time fan of everything they have done.

Some more of my favorite albums (since no one can decide, and I already posted my #1)

Slayer Reign In Blood
Bolt Thrower - The 4th Crusade
Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time
Anathema - Judgement
My Dying Bride - The Angel In The Dark River
Theatre Of Tragedy - Velvet Darkness They Fear
Tiamat - Wild Honey
Edge Of Sanity - Spectural Sorrow
Nightingale - The Closing Cronicles
Morgion - Cloake in ages, Crowned in Earth
Suffocation - Effigy Of The forgotten
King Diamond - Conspiracy
CandleMass - Tales Of Creation
Burzum - Phelosephm
Septic Flesh - Mystic Places Of Dawn
Mozart - 5th Concerto
Vivaldi - 4 seasons
Beethoven Various

Ha ha, Right on man, King is ...well, King!!!

I am more of an Andy La Rocque guy
Denner was awesome too

One more thing for albums I had forgotten

Fucking
Metallica Master Of Puppets

That album changed my life, as did most of the bands in my life. Like when Tiamat came out with that album, I changed so on and so forth

Abigail is in the top 3 for me with King

LaRocque is also one of my favorites.
Part of the reason I love Abigail so much is because of how many different elements, music styles and genres were mixed in together seemlessly. The musicianship, from everyone in the band, was jaw dropping. King's vocals were inhuman. Music was composed brilliantly. Heavy as hell, but very melodic.

I especially loved how Michael's guitar playing helped tell the story. He was always a very emotional guitarist, but still really technical. Then that was mixed with Andy's shredding. Even though the styles were so different, they fit together perfectly (although I still prefer the Shermann/Denner duo).
The outro of the Black Horseman is one of my favorite leads

Ha ha ha, I was thinking about that part while reading your post, and you mentioned it lol. That is quite possibly the best built/solo trade off ever! A great album, and I love the classical elements on Abigail. He never captured that same feel, Maybe on the Eye a bit. I just thought The was way Darker and heavier, and thestroy was just awesome. Ohh and the Larocque/Blakk duo can't be topped!

Ha ha ha, I was thinking about that part while reading your post, and you mentioned it lol. That is quite possibly the best built/solo trade off ever! A great album, and I love the classical elements on Abigail. He never captured that same feel, Maybe on the Eye a bit. I just thought The was way Darker and heavier, and thestroy was just awesome. Ohh and the Larocque/Blakk duo can't be topped!
They're both incredible albums.
Them even had some avant-garde things going on. Definitely a very strange album.
I love the story too.

I always used to think the Abigail story was really straight forward, but there are a lot of really interesting parts that are a little deeper.