Favorite cd of all time??

I may catch hell for this, but I am not a huge Opeth fan. Granted I love the acoustic stuff more so. I really Liked Morning Rise, a few songe from Blackwater, But my favorite album from them (and I rate this 100 times above ant of their other releases) Would be Deliverance! I played the shit out of that for like 2 years! I looove that cd. The other stuff, meeh!
I think they just start sounding the same. I think Rush was better lol!
And they use the Pentitonic scale a bit too much for my liking.

Again, Deliverance was brilliant!

I may catch hell for this, but I am not a huge Opeth fan. Granted I love the acoustic stuff more so. I really Liked Morning Rise, a few songe from Blackwater, But my favorite album from them (and I rate this 100 times above ant of their other releases) Would be Deliverance! I played the shit out of that for like 2 years! I looove that cd. The other stuff, meeh!
I think they just start sounding the same. I think Rush was better lol!
And they use the Pentitonic scale a bit too much for my liking.

Again, Deliverance was brilliant!

Haha god fobid that someone NOT be a huge Opeth fan :lol:

I enjoy them very much. Just not as much as some critics and people out there seem to believe *sigh*

I enjoy the pentatonic scale, pal :mad: haha

Haha god fobid that someone NOT be a huge Opeth fan :lol:

I enjoy them very much. Just not as much as some critics and people out there seem to believe *sigh*

I enjoy the pentatonic scale, pal :mad: haha

Ha ha ha, Nothing wrong with it at all, I am quite fond of the scale myself, however, when you base every riff off of the first position run, well, it gets old.

I love his voice ,clean and growly, The production is awesome, the lyrics are awesome, the artwork, but, well, when they kick in the distortion, I just get bored I guess. I don't know, Just kinda like an in the middle type of band for me. I do respect them, and recognize what they have done for the scene, and I also realize the hard work they put in. I remember getting the import of Morningrise for like 18 bucks when it came out and no one knew who they were. They came a long way, and I respect that.

And now with Lopez and Peter Lindgren out of the band, I am VERY curious to hear what the new album is going to sound like. I mean, realistically, Mike is the main dude and I don't know that their departure will affect the songwriting too much, but Lopez' drumming style and Peter's playing were still integral to the overall sound of the band.
But Frederik and Axenrot are surely no slouches by any means, so this could be a really interesting change for them. I'm looking forward to hearing it.

And now with Lopez and Peter Lindgren out of the band, I am VERY curious to hear what the new album is going to sound like. I mean, realistically, Mike is the main dude and I don't know that their departure will affect the songwriting too much, but Lopez' drumming style and Peter's playing were still integral to the overall sound of the band.
But Frederik and Axenrot are surely no slouches by any means, so this could be a really interesting change for them. I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Yeah, I don't much care for Opeth after Orchid but I can't say I completely agree agree with what you're saying anyways. Just because there is a main songwriter doesn't mean that the loss of a member won't affect the sound alot, I mean hell look at Pain of Salvation. Their bassist leaves and fuckin' Scarsick is the absolute polar opposite of everything they've previously released (though this could by all means be attributed to Daniel not wanting his sound to stagnate). One can only wonder how it will affect Opeth having a longtime member leaving.

Perhaps I will like their next album ahaha.

Anyways, favorite CD of all time - I've got a tie between two.

Agalloch - The Mantle and Pain of Salvation - The Perfect Element.

Well like I said, Lopez and Lindgren were integral to the overall sound of the band. Meaning, I don't think Opeth is going to take any majorly drastic turns in songwriting style just because of their leaving, but it is definitely going to affect the way the band sounds.

I was slightly worried about the departure of Lopez and Lindgren but, like said above, I dont think the sound will change to much. I trust them haha.

anyways, top albums of all time:

Opeth- Still Life
Megadeth- Rust in Peace
Agalloch- The Mantle
Woods of Ypres- Pursuit of the Sun and Allure of the Earth
Death- The Sound of Perseverance

its ridiculously hard to narrow these lists down eh?

Speaking from experience, line-up changes have been good for us in the past. It's nice to get new blood in the band, who has a bit of fire in them. Even when we've replaced major players, we manage to keep things still sounding like us, so as long as Opeth's new blood is on the same page, It will certainly still be "Opeth" and who knows, it may be better!

my music collection and music knowledge is kinda lacking, and it's probobly gonna show in my list, but here ya go:

Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black
Opeth - Orchid
Atheist - Elements
Novembers Doom - The Pale Haunt Departure
Tori Amos - Under the Pink
Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile
My Dying Bride - The Angel and the Dark River
Frank Sinatra - Watertown
Strapping Young Lad - City

Hmm... Tough.... I can't make up my mind.

Nirvana-Unplugged. Love it.
Swallow the Sun-Morning Never Came

I can't lift just one cd in there. There would actually be more but I think that'll do.