Favorite Death Metal Vocalists?

and what do all these vocalists have in common? they all use death metal vocals in their music! lol.

according to some on this forum 'there's no such thing as death metal vocals'. LOL that still makes me laugh and it was a while ago when i argued about it in the controversial opinions thread.

so im assuming you also consider Wintersun to be a death metal band, right? But im pretty sure we've already went through this with half the board .... and you guys came up on the short end of the stick with this argument, so no need to go through it again.

edit: and no one said "there is no such thing as death metal vocals" ... we were saying that vocals dont define the genre of music that's being played(in most cases).

He did OKAY with it. Nothing like Opeth. More of a metalcore shout-sing and a bark.

Far as I'm concerned, you can't top the highs/lows and articulation of Corpsegrinder.

IMO Corpsegrinder has an extremely monotone growl that has a "Slayer effect", in other words it gets old for me after one song.
There is just no emotion in his voice.

Lets compare vocals to farting.

Good vocalists - Fart in a way that sounds as though they are shitting thier guts out. They are giving it all they've got.
Corpsegrinder - Farts as though it is just somthing that has to be done.

IMO Corpsegrinder has an extremely monotone growl that has a "Slayer effect", in other words it gets old for me after one song.
There is just no emotion in his voice.

Lets compare vocals to farting.

Good vocalists - Fart in a way that sounds as though they are shitting thier guts out. They are giving it all they've got.
Corpsegrinder - Farts as though it is just somthing that has to be done.

...it's a GROWL. They're not exactly doing pitches here. And you can't listen to "Festering in the Crypt" and tell me he's got no variance to his voice, anyway.

Corpsegrinder is pretty monotonous, but I'm not going to argue with someone who enjoys Warbringer.

Best Death Metal vocalists? I'm awful with names for the most part but:
Craig Pillard, Ruben Rosas, Wayne Knupp, Angel Ochoa, Matti Way, the guy from Demilich, Phlegethon, Van Drunen, Lord Worm.

Corpsegrinder is awesome, haters gonna hate.

Anyone looking for a death metal vocal showing should check out Sylvain Houde on Kataklysm - Sorcery. The range of vocals he used was insane/bizarre.

LORD WORM (BMF, NSV, OWN)

Luc Lemay (Erosion specifically)

Ross Dolan (Dawn through Failures/Close)

Martin van Drunen (CONSVMING IMPVLSE)

Antti Boman

Chuck Schuldiner (specifically 90-93, after that he isn't as good and almost sucks on TSOP)

Glen Benton was also good on Legion, only time the layered vocals aren't fucking lame cause his screaming was far better

Benton, Akerfeldt (when he was doing death vocals), Vincent, Schuldiner, Piotr from Vader, Toller-Wade.

Nergal, hmm, I'd like it better if I could actually hear some words now and again.

Couldn't pick one.

- Martin Van Drunen (Asphyx, Pestilence, Hail of Bullets, etc)
- Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
- Nicklas Rudolfsson (Runemagick)
- Piotr Wiwczarek (Vader)
- Peter Tagtgren (Hypocrisy)
- Johnny Hedlund (Unleashed)
- Dallas Toller-Wade (Nile)
- John McEntee (Incantation)
- Jeff Walker (Carcass)
- George Corpsegrinder (Cannibal Corpse)