Favorite Horror Movie(s)

'House on Haunted Hill' -- something about a haunted Lunatic Asylum scares the living piss out of me, and the sequence with one of the characters in the 'Saturation Chamber' was wicked.

'The Haunting' (original black & white version) -- Catherine Zeta-Jones just ruins the new version.

'Session #9' -- haunted Lunatic Asylum thing again.

Omen
The Exorist
Demon Knights
Nosferatu
The Serpant and The Rainbow
The Wicker Man

......And at the risk of sounding like a fanboy, I think I Spit On Your Grave is a really cool movie.

Deadnight Warrior87 said:
Omen
The Exorist
Demon Knights
Nosferatu
The Serpant and The Rainbow
The Wicker Man

......And at the risk of sounding like a fanboy, I think I Spit On Your Grave is a really cool movie.

I spit on your Grave is a VERY cool movie. i was gonna actually post that. why would you be a fanboy, because the great and flawless sinergy has a song with the same title? who cares.
But ive always liked the friday the 13th series.....parts 1-8. after new line bought the rights from paramount, Jason and friday the 13th went down hill. there are way too many others to name though....i love horror movies

Jani Laiho said:
I spit on your Grave is a VERY cool movie. i was gonna actually post that. why would you be a fanboy, because the great and flawless sinergy has a song with the same title? who cares.
But ive always liked the friday the 13th series.....parts 1-8. after new line bought the rights from paramount, Jason and friday the 13th went down hill. there are way too many others to name though....i love horror movies
Friday the 13th owns. I forgot to mention the Halloween movies as well.

Jani Laiho said:

They totally ruined Jason and Friday The 13th... bastards!!!

I don't think most horror movies these days are near as good as the older classic stuff.

Insilden_The Shred said:
I don't think most horror movies these days are near as good as the older classic stuff.
+1. I think the reason for that is because in all the older movies you didn't really get to see that much blood or get to see who the killer was.Your mind was the thing that freaked you out the most. Like in the original Psycho movie, that shower scene scared the hell out of me. The reason for that was my mind sort of painted this picture 10 times worse than what could have filmed in the movie if they showed all the blood and shit. Nowadays, all you see is gore and guts, and it's more cheesy than anything else.

+1. I think the reason for that is because in all the older movies you didn't really get to see that much blood or get to see who the killer was.Your mind was the thing that freaked you out the most. Like in the original Psycho movie, that shower scene scared the hell out of me. The reason for that was my mind sort of painted this picture 10 times worse than what could have filmed in the movie if they showed all the blood and shit. Nowadays, all you see is gore and guts, and it's more cheesy than anything else.

yep, perfect examples would be Saw and Saw 2

Most everything coming outta Hollywood these days is far to polsihed and gone over with a fine comb. Its exactly what you said... All the emphasis now a days is put on visual as opposed to psychological.
I really don't care how good you can make something look, it ain't gonna change the fact that the movie is garbage.

Sometimes the scariest shit is the thing you didn't see.

night of the living dead (original or new)
Dawn of the Dead (orginal or new)
Day of the dead
Land of the Dead
Child's Play
Friday the 13th
NIghtmare on Elm Street
The Omen 1 and 2 (havnt seen the others)
The shining
Demonic Toys (very Funny)

Bram Stokers Dracula
Land of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Evil Dead 1 , 2, 3
Nightmare on Elm Street
Friday the 13th <--- only the first one
The Dead Next Door
Zombie
Cannibal Holocaust