Favorite Jag Panzer album

schenkadere

Obey my dog!
Apr 24, 2005
NY
www.soundclick.com
So far, mine is The Fourth Judgement...I love Tafolla's playing on this one and the entire album is just classic heavy metal riffage just like back in the day.:headbang:

My favorites are Ample Destruction and Mechanized Warfare, I think. Not an easy one to figure out.

AD because of its rawness and energy and MW because of Cold is the Blade which is one of my favorite songs ever; but the others songs are very good, too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems as time went on, they became more "power metal". I don't consider Ample Destruction or The Fourth Judgement to have those "power metal" qualities...they're just classic heavy metal. Now listening to The Age of Mastery, I hear the transition. Still a great album.

Yes, of course there is a notable difference. I just always have a hard time naming the styles bands play. I think Ample Destruction was heavy metal, the more recent albums are U.S. style power metal with more melody.

I think that The Fourth Judgement does have the mentioned "power metal qualities" because in my opinion it sounds like the connection between the old and the new sound. By the way, I think the bass drum on that record is not too well produced. I'd show more love if it was better. Still love Despair or Call of the Wild. ;)

Well, I love "The age of mastery" but given the fact that it includes songs re-recorded from other periods ("Chain of command", "Burning heart",...), I´d pick:

1. Ample Destruction
2. Casting the stones
3. Chain of command

for me, its EASILY casting the stones........with amazing song like tempest, vigilant, fast or famine, legion immortal .... this album is my favourite

Dissident Alliance

(bad joke)

To be serious, this thread has only one correct answer and this is Ample Destruction of course!

Ample Destruction, no hands down. I'd like to see Mark and Company go back to their roots for an upcoming lp