Favorite Michael Pinnella Moment

Absence of Light and A Fool's Paradise have some rippin synth solos. On Enter By the Twelfth Gate, though... that's just a pretty nice representation of Pinnella.

His accompaniment in Candlelight and Lady of the snow make the song, for me.

Awesome riff he has in the verse of 'Of sins and shadows' as well.

And the opening of 'Set the world on fire.'

The riff underneath 'The wrath divine' from 'TDWoT.'

There's a lot more.

Yeah! The whole V album is the best for Pinella moments. The solo that sticks out in my mind the most is on "Fallen." I haven't really given much thought as to why, but that's the one.

I originally downloaded the V album during a free trial period on eMusic back when their files were 128k MP3s. It was the solo on "Fallen" that made me decide to buy the album on CD.

Anybody have his solo album? I've read one review say that it was elevator music. Personally I love the album, but tempo-wise it is on the slow side.

I like Enter By the Twelfth Gate! It may be a little mellow, but it's great for chilling or studying (Opeth's Damnation has the same effect on me). I prefer it by far to Romeo's solo album.

As far as his solos are concerned, I'm a big sucker for his extended Wakeman-ish performance in "Orion - The Hunter".
Concerning his textural stuff, I can't really think of anything off the top of my head, which kinda shows how good he is at creating a backdrop for the other members of the band. The polyrhythmic layers in "The Accolade" as well as his stuff in "Awakenings" are obvious choices, of course.

I too think that the jazzy keyboard solo part of awakenings is his best!... out of the ashes contains some pretty neat keyboard parts too!

This isn't directed towards anyone in particular, but I love how some metal fans always have to act tough. Believe it or not, you can enjoy metal songs and not always have a constant look of war on your face. Also, it's possible to enjoy softer songs without wearing eye makeup and pretending to slit your wrists.

This isn't directed towards anyone in particular, but I love how some metal fans always have to act tough. Believe it or not, you can enjoy metal songs and not always have a constant look of war on your face. Also, it's possible to enjoy softer songs without wearing eye makeup and pretending to slit your wrists.

Yeah... I guess most people do know that. I mean, I don't know many people who listen to metal with constant look of war in their faces..

As a keyboardist i really focus ok Pinnella more than the rest i love his work in most songs but i love his work in Masquerade 98 and Communion and The Accolade.

I have a few first is @ 00:27 in the eyes of medusa ,all of through the looking glass,the guitar/key lick in the intro of Smoke And mirrors and also piece @ 00:47,both accolades,Lady of the snow.... ahhhh the list could go on forever Michael is an incredible Keyboardist

haha yeah i guess it does :lol: now heres some more awesesome keyboard lines.... 1:51 in Candlelight Fantasia,also 7:47 On the Accolade is just godly(The accolade has to be one of the most epic songs ever written imo)