Favorite Moment(s) in an Opeth Song

BurnoutBomberman said:
..."Eerie circles upon the waters..." and the insane dynamics right after that. That's just soooooooo spooky!

totally agreed. my favorite opeth part

i also love 'the piercing sounds you make...' part as well as the 'face down beneath the waterline...' part.

by the pain i see in others has some really great parts as well 'outside in the park....'

funeral portrait: '....it is MEEEE'

guitarsolos of white cluster, to bid you farewell and blackwater park

proloque, i am not kidding, i really love it.

'the rain was waving goodbye' in april ethereal

Some previously unmentioned ones then:

Wreath: "Calling me back, closure to bleak matters - I'm leaving..." etc., I love that part!

The Funeral Portrait: Man, this song is just so cool and brutal, "Opened miraaage...", "The best secret withiiin...", great. The solo's and outro riffs are superb too.

Bleak: "Help me cure you, atone for all you've done...", beauty.

The Drapery Falls: "Waking up to your sound again, and lapse into the ways of misery...", those harmony vocals always send shivers down my spine.

The Amen Corner: "My ashes within your hands...", great line too. Actually from the solo's and on, this song really slays. The bass solothing in the acoustic outro is pretty cool too.

I'll stick to this for now.

Moonstruck said:
Some previously unmentioned ones then:

Wreath: "Calling me back, closure to bleak matters - I'm leaving..." etc., I love that part!
I love how Mike layered the vocals, a bit like Deicide.

I really like the guitar riff starting at 13:38 on Black Rose Immortal. Not necessarily just the riff by itself, but how it sounds coming after the previous riff. Also, the 17 second scream at the end of the song.

Mumblefood said:
Are we also forgetting the end of April ethereal? "I don't know how or why, and i'm... never... KNOW WHENNNN *most epic riff ever ensues*"

that is my fav...

that and, the last few notes of prologue into the vocal chord into the first riff of that song...what a beautiful intro/transition.

one for me is in leper affinity when its heavy and they play that ascending riff duh dah duh dah... duh dah dah duh dah dah... and then it goes into the jazzy like clean section with the harmony guitars... awsome

at the moment...

'By the pain I see in others' - the intro (with the effect) is totally cool, as is "Rise to submission" ... I love this song, and that lyric is cool

'Night and the silent water' - the break section of that song is just so cool, It actually gave me shivers when I first heard it

'Deliverence' - the whole end section of that song... just fucking metal genius

'Drapery Falls' - The way the song goes back in to the intro riff at the end gets me every time

'Harvest' - whole song really!

'The Moor' - what can I say about that song that hasnt been said already!!!

scarred_earth said:
'Deliverence' - the whole end section of that song... just fucking metal genius

'Drapery Falls' - The way the song goes back in to the intro riff at the end gets me every time

Yeah, the end of Deliverance is awesome, even if it is basically the same riff for 3 minutes. My favorite part from Deliverance is definitly "...nothing but the scars on meeee" into the solo. Damn that solo is perfectly placed.

And yeah, the end of The Drapery Falls is awesome. The riff seems slightly different from the intro, though... it seems "bigger," if that makes sense.