Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Still Life

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Blackwater Park

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Deliverance

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters
Tough choice. MAYH just has the concept album edge over the others though. And it's more cohesive than Still Life.

In the last months I have noticed that alot of people like the Opeth album most that they've heard first. Same goes for me:

Still Life was the album I listened to first (got it the same time as Blackwater Park), and it's easily my fav Opeth album (and actually also my fav album ever).

Okay, first Opeth song I ever heard was Under The Weeping Moon, that one got me into Opeth

Hey FlatteningOfEmotions , we seem to have something in common!:D

i will always say orchid. its the best album any band could ever put hope to put out. while its mellow yet heavy, its still makes me want to hear it again and again after every time i here it. i use it to create wonderfully dark and imaginative dreems. i use it to put me alseep and give me visions of my girlfriend. she gave it to me, for no real reason she just came over one day, and said here i have soemthing for you. it was rapped in a pretty black wrapping paper, with an intriquet design. isnt she the best!!! anyways, the first opeth album i owned was blackwater park. when i got it i thought to myself nothing could be better but i was wrong after orchid i was an opeth addict. ised to listin to hardcore deathmetal like cannible corpse and morbid angel but mno more i listen to more melodic metal now.

That's an interesting curve on the graph. Did Opeth peak at MAYH? I think it's because that's when a lot of people were first exposed to them. Then again, morningrise was my first album and i like MAYH better. But they're so different, aren't they? Can you really compare them? I think you can compare Orchid to Morningrise, and everything after that is seperate.