Favorite Opeth second or seconds

Sputnik

Jul 6, 2001
Visit site
What is your favorite seconds in an Opeth song?

Some of mine is:
Serenity painted death: 1:50 Auch!
Bleak: 6:50-8:25 Very good final!

he he ha ha 1.37 Serenity Painted Death! LOL I play that entrance again and again and again.....ahhh
(what word is that at 2.12?)
argghh ha ha ha...sighes

and 3.03 The Night And The Silent Water, 'ugha'!...ahhh

...from In Mist She Was Standing to Blackwater Park! Utopia!

weel, besides the song name the intro on moonlapse vertigo is majestic! with this song i found opeth!
but my other favourite parts is on face of melinda, for about 5 minutes you have been filled up with sorrow and suddenly the pain and dread comes out in an beutiful orgasm of harmontic tunes and grief dist guitarrs! the part comes in 04.38-06.37!
my favourite song that opeyth has made is demon of the fall-fals elove turns to pure hate the ending is so painful and somehow remeber me of an tradick love story that torned me apart, the lyrics might not be perfectly correct to what i experidenced, run away + 5 run away, just one second and i was left with nothing her fregnance still pulsating through damp air that day camed to an end an she has lost in me her credence.
so perfect! and the music is mayby mor dramatic, just listen and enjoy when micke starts playing an sort of echo of what peter is playinf, and then swop down to acustic,can it get more beutiful??, don't thnk so.
04.30-06.07

Moonlapse Vertigo at roughly 7:15. Possibly my favourite Opeth moment of all time (well, I say that now but tomorrow it's likely to change...)

Listen to it or die!

It would have to be at 0:58 on Epilogue with the cool emotional guitar part and at 1:41 which is such a beautiful fade. And and and at 2:49... well fuck ill just say the whole song is the second!
Face of melinda at 4:39. Such beauty. :D

Sputnik: It doesn't get much better than the "I turned away my eyes" part eh? :)

Some other moments I find better than sex:

Face of Melinda at 1:40 ("Words would falter to atone...")
Face of Melinda at 6:37 (Acoustic bit)
Harvest at 5:05 (Relieve or release or something...)
The Drapery Falls at 7:47 (That whole part is amazing)
The whole folky acoustic part of Godhead's Lament
April Etheral at 6:45 (Amazing riff)
When at 7:41 ("And I cried" through to the ending)
All of To Bid You Farewell
The Leper Affinity at 6:53 (After the long scream when he goes "UAH!" is SO cool)
The Leper Affinity Solo

And I could go on forever, but for everyone's sake I won't.

I sometime imitate the UGH! on Serenity when I get really pissed...another great second in the same song is when the clean section instantly transforms back into that crunching chorus... It wouldit be imposible for me to nail down the Opeth experience for a second, but if I did it would have to be one of their incredible transitions...

I don't look at the time when I listen to Opeth and I don't want to watch it so I can tell you guys a bunch of parts. But I did find one of my favorite Opeth parts and i'm sure a lot of you enjoy this part immensly as well. Godheads Lament 4:43 to 5:53 has always stood out to me.

I love these kind of posts because i read other people's responses, pop in each cd....go to each mentioned part, and excitedly scream...that's my favorite part too! ...but then i think about how many favorite parts i have, and then i realize every moment is my favorite part.....but trevj...i definitely agree with 7:15 in moonlapse vertigo.....and confessor's 4:39 on face of melinda, but i think the one part that shall always give me a near orgasm is about 5:40 on The Twilight is My Robe.....pure beauty:D

"k, @ 11:10 in Advent, the sound just for that slight second is SO happy and it reminds me of the care bears...as weird as that is"-- Gwen

:lol: :loco:

nuff said

As someone else said:
"When at 7:41 ("And I cried" through to the ending)"

That would be my favourite part right now.

Advent 8:53!!!!!!! "Survey the Scopes!!!!!!!" Where he has about 3-4 clean voices harmonized soooo perfectly! How could no one have mentioned that yet! That part almost brings tears to my eyes. Definately my favorite moment for the time being!

At the moment I just can't go past 2:20-30 in "Forest of October" ... it's so fucking cool how the double kick comes in while the acoustic riff is still being played. [/QUOTE]

I concur with this. That single moment in the song instantly made the song one of my five favorites.

Also, 3:03-3;18 of "Under the Weeping Moon," where the song segues from the sustained 'I laugh... under the weeping moooooooooon' into the acoustic rhythm is godlike. :eek: