Favorite performances of Heathen Crusade III?

Favorite perfomances of HCIII

• Grand Demise of Civilization

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lunarium

• Ulveheim

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Inquisition

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Ancient Rites

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Under Eden

• Velnias

• Chaos Moon

• Oakhelm

• Nechochochcococochwen

• Wolven Ancestry

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Metsatoll

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Woods of Ypres

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Moonsorrow

• Total voters
Ulveheim deserves a tremendous amount of credit for setting the tempo of the entire fest. Lunarium got the blood flowing, but it was these conquistadores de Mejico that grabbed us by the balls and made us say, "Who needs Morrigan?" Fantastic lads, every member was extremely humble and genuinely happy to have the opportunity to play before us infidels.

Velnias' no-nonsense style on night two was a show stealer. While there were far more "entertaining" acts, these kids froze us in our shoes.

Kudos

Ancient Rites for me, the crowd was just so unbelievable for them it was crazy. Ulvhelm, Inquistition, Woods, and Metsatoll were also really awsome

Impossible to really pick one, I'd go with Inquisition or Velnias though.

My main reason to be there was to see Velnias, Oakhelm, and Inquisition, and all 3 blew me away as expected.

It was great to see Wolven Ancestry and Woods of Ypres representing Canadian metal at HC3, I couldn't possibly think of 2 better bands from Ontario to represent us.

Ulveheim seemed to definitely impress everyone, I see bright things in the future for them now that they've made their presence known to North America.

Not too big on Folk-Metal but Metsatöll is an entirely different beast. These guys have such a powerful stage presence and energy that it's impossible not to like them, fucking amazing.

Hey everyone! I am new posting to this forum. I had such a blast hanging out with people at HC3 that I would love to keep in touch with everyone.

I am Ulveheim's bass player, and I really want to thank you guys for your kind words. Anyway... I would have to say Woods of Ypres was my favorite band on the fest, and they were closelly followed by Metsatoll and Inquisition. :headbang:

Extremely tough call among Ulveheim (the annual "out of nowhere surprise of the festival" band for me this year), Inquisition, Woods of Ypres and Moonsorrow.

All were excellent. In the end I'll go with Woods of Ypres. Playing all of my favorite album by them earned them the throne. Here's to hoping they dabble in that same style prominently in the future once again.

Tough one, but in order (subject to change and all very close):

Metsatoll
Moonsorrow
Velnias
Woods of Ypres
Nechochwen
Wolven Ancestry
Lunarium
Ulveheim

It's really impossible to pick a favorite. All the bands were great. Metsatoll's music comes off so much better live than on cd. Velnias and Woods playing entire albums. :kickass: Inquisition were excellent and made me forget about Morrigan canceling. This was easily the best couple of concerts I've ever attended and I'll make it out to any future Heathen Crusades.

Ulveheim was the surprise of the weekend for me, especially surprising was that I turned out to be their bass player

Inquisition floored me, total destruction

Metsatoll were great, would have been more enjoyable sans 300lb drunk neanderthal in the mosh pit

WOODS. OF. YPRES.......one of the best live performances I've seen. David Gold is an eccentric genius and his songwriting truly comes to life on stage

after a few more days to sit on it, when it comes to naming the bands that completely blew me away:

Woods of Ypres - I saw them at the Day of the Equinox fest, and that lineup doesn't come anywhere close to touching how well this new lineup performed. Plus, they have Green Evening Requiem (Philadelphia)'s drummer. :headbang:

Velnias - Haven't heard them before. They kicked my ass so hard, I zombie-walked right over to the merch table and picked up one of everything that they had. I wish that demo at the other table wasn't completely sold out by time I got there.

Inquisition - I heard one song before, and thought that the vocals sucked. Live, it was a totally different story. These people are seriously from this country? Awesome.

Grand Demise of Civilization - a fantastic way to start the festival! I don't see many people here mentioning them, so I figure that I'll give them the appreciation.