Favorite performances of Heathen Crusade III?

Favorite perfomances of HCIII

• Grand Demise of Civilization

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lunarium

• Ulveheim

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Inquisition

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Ancient Rites

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Under Eden

• Velnias

• Chaos Moon

• Oakhelm

• Nechochochcococochwen

• Wolven Ancestry

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Metsatoll

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Woods of Ypres

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Moonsorrow

• Total voters
Woods of Ypres - I've seen them more than any other band in the world now, probably 6 times if not more... and this was one of the tightest, most awesome performances. Only cons: Constant HEY! HEY! HEY! chanting by David Gold and also the keyboards on Against the Seasons material don't work very well as far as I'm concerned. As well, I was really hoping for more backing vocals by the Gates of Winter dude.

Ulveheim - Holy shit, their entire set I couldn't supress my surprise at this totally out-of-left-field band just destroying everyone's expectations and becoming the surprise hit of the weekend. Talking to these guys, especially Oskar (bassist, hope I got the name correct) was humbling... such a modest, well-spoken and friendly guy with great taste in music.

Inquisition - All this has been said in this thread by several people, but this performance seems to have been ushered for straight from the gaping maw of hell... how these guys pull off such an intense, well-rounded sound with no bass player and just the 2 of them on stage is nothing short of amazing.

I initially voted for Metsatoll as they were my favorite immediately after the fest, but the Woods and Moonsorrow sets have certainly tied it at this point.

Shame that this poll isn't multiple choice because Inquisition were probably the best black metal band I've ever seen. I was completely entranced!

Thanks to those of you who've had good things to say about Lunarium. We were beyond any doubt the black sheep of that weekend, and I was quite pleased with the positive response we got despite that glaring fact.

But, as for my vote--Metsatoll, with Ancient Rites being a damned close second.