Favorite Power/Prog Metal Bands?

JonnyD

Chef Metal
Jun 4, 2002
The Metal Kitchen
www.myspace.com
these are always fun :D

Edguy I love this band And I cant Wait to see them at ProgPower! I dont care what anybody says These guys are the Best Power Metal Band out there IMHO!

on the more Prog side of things Its a Toss up between Fates Warning and Symphony X Both Bands have Great songs and Great musicians its hard to say which I like better :D I will think of others later

Do you mean the ones playing at Prog Power or my favorite Prog and Power metal bands in general?

:)

JonnyD said:
these are always fun :D

Edguy I love this band And I cant Wait to see them at ProgPower! I dont care what anybody says These guys are the Best Power Metal Band out there IMHO!

on the more Prog side of things Its a Toss up between Fates Warning and Symphony X Both Bands have Great songs and Great musicians its hard to say which I like better :D I will think of others later

prog - Vanden Plas.... in my ears there isn't a close second, but I do like Fates Warning, Pagans Mind, early Queensryche, Dream Theater, Rush, Savatage etc.
power - Tad Morose (of course) Angel Dust, Metal Church, Balance of Power etc. Haven't got into the Edguy but would like to. Supposedly they put on a great show, but they haven't clicked with me.

Bryant

WIntersReflection said:
Tad Morose
Savatage
Crimson Glory
Queensryche
Fates Warning
Memory Garden (Prog but not really power, they're more of a Prog doom band)
Shadow Gallery
Nevermore
Blind Guardian
hey a Memory Garden fan, that's awesome :headbang:

Well, sure Tad Morose and
Zero Hour, Vanden Plas, Ayreon, Antithesis (you really got to listen to 'Dying For Life', the music is phenominal), and probably others I can't think of at this time.

JonnyD said:
you just have to give them a chance YOU WILL LOVE THEM!

I will give them a serious listen. They just haven't "clicked" yet, but the potential is there. They are a quality band. As one of those guys on UM stated (can't remember who it was, maybe Carnut) Germany doesn't put out shit bands.

bryant

Bryant said:
I will give them a serious listen. They just haven't "clicked" yet, but the potential is there. They are a quality band. As one of those guys on UM stated (can't remember who it was, maybe Carnut) Germany doesn't put out shit bands.

bryant

Bryant if you can Hunt down these albums "Savage Poetry","Vain Glory Opera","Mandrake",And the New album Hellfire club! I know you take a while to digest a band! but it will click and then you will wonder how you lived your life all this time without them :loco:

http://www.exhibitionproject.com

this is the band Exhibition from New Jersey, USA. The lead singer is Bobby Lucas, former (founding) member of Seven Witches - before they became dull.

If you like great progressive power metal with an emphasis on the 'power', you owe it to yourself to check these guys out. They signed with LIMB Records last year, have a cd out with them, and are working on their next one now. Check out the samples on their website. :worship:

~Hoyt.

97reb said:
Well, sure Tad Morose and
Zero Hour, Vanden Plas, Ayreon, Antithesis (you really got to listen to 'Dying For Life', the music is phenominal), and probably others I can't think of at this time.
Hmmm.... didn't know there were other Vanden Plas fans in here besides me and Snowmaker. Of course I consider them to be prog but hey it's just a label. Outfuckingstanding band for certain.

Bryant

Rider of Theli said:
http://www.exhibitionproject.com

this is the band Exhibition from New Jersey, USA. The lead singer is Bobby Lucas, former (founding) member of Seven Witches - before they became dull.

If you like great progressive power metal with an emphasis on the 'power', you owe it to yourself to check these guys out. They signed with LIMB Records last year, have a cd out with them, and are working on their next one now. Check out the samples on their website. :worship:

~Hoyt.
Exhibition are pretty good, and I think that Seven Witches are better now without Bobby Lucas, who fits in well with Exhibition. Great vocal lines by the way!
I'm looking forward to their next album :)

Fangface said:
Exhibition are pretty good, and I think that Seven Witches are better now without Bobby Lucas, who fits in well with Exhibition. Great vocal lines by the way!
I'm looking forward to their next album :)

Flo, I am going to remind you to pick up "Beyond Daylight" by Vanden Plas. It is their masterpiece so far......

Bryant

Bryant said:
Flo, I am going to remind you to pick up "Beyond Daylight" by Vanden Plas. It is their masterpiece so far......

Bryant
hehe well, I like quite a bit VP, but honestly I'm not what I would call a fan. I have heard all their releases except that one though.

JonnyD said:
Bryant if you can Hunt down these albums "Savage Poetry","Vain Glory Opera","Mandrake",And the New album Hellfire club! I know you take a while to digest a band! but it will click and then you will wonder how you lived your life all this time without them :loco:

I would recomend Burning Down The Opera, that is one of the best live metal albums ever! The only song it's missing is "The Unbeliever". I am really dissappointed in Edguy's new single "Lavatory Love Machine", this crap sounds like poison, why don't they just tease up their hair.