Favorite song from "Tug of War"?

?

• Total voters

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
I thought this would be a fun thing to do. What is your favorite song from Enchant's new album? My favorite is "Comatose"...one of the best songs ever!

I picked Queen of the Informed.

The first couple of times that I listened to the album I kept playing songs 1 to 3 over and over again. Every day I drove to work and back I played the album (It takes me about 20 minutes) These 3 songs are so great I didn't get beyond that very often.

The last couple of days I played the rest of the album more often and Queen of the informed is my favourite.

In fact they are all great. The only ones I like less are Beautiful and Living in a movie. But that still leaves 8 top notch songs.

Tug Of War/Comatose. Tied...I love them both!

My order of favorites are:

Tug Of War/Comatose
Hold The Wind
Sinking Sand
Beautiful
Queen Of The Informed
Progtology
Living In A Movie
Long Way Down
See No Evil

There's no real bad songs on this album but the good ones are REALLY good

No "Favourite song from [album]" poll has been this difficult to answer. I absolutely love "Sinking Sand", "Hold the Wind", "Queen of the Informed", "See no Evil", "Progotology" and "Comatose", but in the end, my choice will be "Sinking Sand". It´s just perfect all over!

I've been listening to this album nonstop since it first came out and sadly I cannot get into it at all. At this point I have almost all of Enchant's other albums and I love them all, which is why it really pains me to admit this. For a while I just assumed it would take me a long time to get into it, the last few albums took me a few spins before I realized how great they were, but when I was driving home the other night from college I was cranking TOW and I realized that I don't enjoy listening to it. I simply find it unengaging. I feel no pleasure from these songs, so I went through the whole album again with the utmost focus and I realized that the only track I really love is Sinking Sand. I also realized that I can't connect with any of the lyrics except Sinking Sand which is odd because I usually really connect with Enchant's lyrics, especially brilliant songs like The Ultimate Gift. Like I said, it pains me to admit this because I really love this band and their music has touched me in so many ways over the last year, they've helped me in ways too. I really wish I liked the album, but I can't lie to myself.

That's understandable....sometimes an album may take months to finally "get" you others may never. I didn't like Juggling 9 until 2 years after I first got it, and I'm still not too thrilled with Blink Of An Eye(although I like quite a few outstanding tracks on it). At least you gave it a chance which is all you can really do...try Comatose again though. This song is one of the big standouts for me but took awhile for me to take to. If not, oh well...1 out of 7? isn't bad at all.

Noone has chosen "Beautiful", which is my favourite track in the album. "Sinking Sand" follows it closely, but the song gets deep into the most remarkable fact when a healthy relationship turns into something turbulent and displeasant, and finally express the will to put things right again. I love it.

@Evan: I quite understand, I feel the same way towards "Blink of an Eye", I love some tunes from that album (Prognosis!), but it's a grey album to me. Think it's more a personal opinion than anything else, since this new album's been acclaimed widely. I assure you "Tug of War" is one of my fave albums ever!!

|ng.

Good thing we are playing Sinking Sand,Comatose and Prog-tology on tour hah?

Evan thanks for the very honest post! Hey you can not make yourself get into it! No biggie maybe you will like the next one better. Hey there are three songs on Tug I will never get into either that others probably love? Thats just the way it is!

Although I don,t understand how anyone could not like or at least be moved by Comatose? especially if you have been in such a brutal situation. I guess you have to live it right?

I love the rest of it though and we worked really hard to make this the best record it could be!

Tug Of War!
It's a very powerful song, I really love it.
Other candidates might have been "See No Evil", "Progtology" or "Comatose".
(I'm really looking forward to seeing the band play Progtology live on stage!)

P.S.: I agree with |ngenius: I think that "Blink" is a good album with some great songs (Seeds Of Hate! Great solo!), but it doesn't touch me as much as all the others. IMO, "Tug Of War" is Enchant's best album since "Break".

my pick: Sinking sand, Hold the wind, Comatose

I think there are some weak parts but altogether I´d give it 7,5/10
I loved Blink of an eye and I´ll give it a 10/10

the other albums I´ve yet to check out...

That one synth part in Beautiful reminds me a lot of Marillion's Afraid Of Sunlight...anyone else hear this resemblance?

I'm surprised the title track is far down...I think it's hands down the best song song on the album and that chorus is their best chorus section ever!