Favorite song on Symphony X...

What is your favorite song on Symphony X?

• Total voters

MorphineChild205

Lt. Horatio Caine
Jun 20, 2003
Chicago
No one ever talks about the S/T album (at least not positively) around here! Sure, the vocals are no Russ, and the production lacks a bit, but some of the tunes are just killer!

I love that the guys are working on a new album, but I was also looking forward to hearing some of these songs redone. Masquerade '98 was incredible, and I'd kill to hear some more redone tunes with Russ singing.

Anyway, enough of my bullshit. Vote!

damn thats a hard one. absinthe and rue/taunting the notorious are my 2 picks, so gimme some time to narrow it down. the whole cd's good in its own way but those 2 kinda stood out.

MorphineChild205 said:
No one ever talks about the S/T album (at least not positively) around here! Sure, the vocals are no Russ, and the production lacks a bit, but some of the tunes are just killer!
:headbang: totally agree, It's just that you have to develop a kind of respect towards SX to get into that album. It's hard to accept Rod when you've got used to mr.Russ...

Thorns of sorrow - my choice

I chose Taunting the Notorious not only because it rocks, but because Rod's vocals are actually pretty damn good on this tune. The riffage on the whole album is killer, that's for sure. But goddam if anyone chooses Shades of Grey, you are crazy o_O

The Metal Chick said:
But goddam if anyone chooses Shades of Grey, you are crazy o_O
ugh, thank you. listening to that song makes u make that face from those sour starburst (i think thats what it is) commercials.

I chose Taunting the Notorious because as was said above, the vocals are alright. The little intro guitar bit is pretty cool and the verse riffage works well as does that little solo bit after the first verse. I also like the pass the solo bit in the middle.

Kamelot - Snow
That track is really good.

I woted for A lesson before dying (great lyrics!), but Absinthe and rue is also a great song!
The whole album has cool riffs and melodies.Wery,wery good album. :headbang:

:wave:

I would like to say that I like this album just like I do all the others. I love Premonition so I voted for that but others are Shades of Grey, A lesson before dying, rapture or pain, and thorns of sorrow. I think shades of grey is one of Romeo's best solo.