Favorite Song on..THE HUMAN EQUATION

ABQShredHead said:
The vocal harmonies on Love are my favorite bit of the album. I also like the Floydian solos on Day 2. Loser is up there as well. I haven't listened to Disc 2 as much as Disc 1 though.
me too, I think disc 1 is better than disc 2 overall. Don't like day 7 though, it almost seems LaBrie is even out of tune on some moments.

I think the second disc is the better of the two, possibly because I don't really care for the more upbeat songs on there (although they are enjoyable when in a happier mood) and I find the second half of the story to be more consistent and emotionally involving.

HOLY CHRIST! I just got the album today and listened to it with naught but a cup of mint chocolate chip ice cream to witness the journey. It is so (adjective that hasn't been invented yet expressing a love of something almost to the point of it transplanting your brain)! James La-fuckin-Brie gives the best performance of his career, and I am convinced that Arjen is actually a God in disguise. How could an album rule this much? How can this possibly exist? Jesus!

Mmm...how did I miss this thread before?

Anyways, my favorite songs...
Day 2 - LaBrie and Akerfeldt sound amazing in the intro, and the chorus riff is rockin. Cool spaced out synth section, and a great solo after it

Day 3 - my #1 favorite...love the guitar progression in the intro and Devon Graves' parts over it. Then that chorus...omg. Devin Townsend is THE MAN. Especially the final chorus (yeah, they're all essentially the same, but there are subtle differences, mainly some different backing harmonies in the final one). That part where he yells "PAIN" right before going back into it is so perfectly placed...could not be any more powerful.

Day 8 - Verses are kinda nice, but the chorus does it for me on this one. Townsend is once again the man on this song. I seriously sit down sometimes to just listen to the chorus of Day 3 and Day 8, because they are THAT GOOD.

Day 14 - A nice rocking tune. Probably my least favorite of this list, but still #4 on the whole cd, so not bad at all.

For the record, Devin Townsend, Mikael Akerfeldt, and Magnus Ekwall (sp?) totally own the whole album. Everyone has amazing moments on it, but those 3 are exceptional throughout the entire album.

I thought that Days 2, 4, 18 and 20 were the best. I think that "Loser", however, is only good for its comedic value. That is the most piss-poor excuse for singing I have ever heard (you know, the screaming at the end). Jesus Christ, it sounded like Linkin Park. Now, 18 rules because of the variety of the music and 4 because of... duh. I will admit that I do really like songs 7 and 10, despite their (especially 10) mega triteness. They are really fun to listen to. Also, this album was the first time I had ever heard Magnus Ekwall, and I can now say that he rules wega rules. Even though LaBrie is obviously the best, I think that Ekwall is no. 2.

TotenMitMacht said:
I thought that Days 2, 4, 18 and 20 were the best. I think that "Loser", however, is only good for its comedic value. That is the most piss-poor excuse for singing I have ever heard (you know, the screaming at the end). Jesus Christ, it sounded like Linkin Park. Now, 18 rules because of the variety of the music and 4 because of... duh. I will admit that I do really like songs 7 and 10, despite their (especially 10) mega triteness. They are really fun to listen to. Also, this album was the first time I had ever heard Magnus Ekwall, and I can now say that he rules wega rules. Even though LaBrie is obviously the best, I think that Ekwall is no. 2.

Magnus is my favrite singer on their, I had never heard of him before Ayreon though. I also like Heather Findlay alot too.