Favorite Swedish Bands

Apr 21, 2005
Kentucky
I asked about everyone's favorite American bands before, but now let's travel to Sweden.
I assume most of you will say Opeth, but as you all know there are a lot of other good bands there to mention as well.

Amon Amarth
The Crown
In Flames (at one time)
Soilwork
Hypocrisy
Arch Enemy
Dissection
Ablaze My Sorrows
Meshuggah
Vintersorg

I could go on for a while

Don't forget Abba!

Besides the obvious ones: Katatonia, Dark Tranquillity, Bathory, Edge of Sanity, etc... these bands really deserve some attention!

Cult of Luna
Draconian
Forest Of Shadows
Shining
Skyfire
Slumber
Swordmaster
Vinterland
Witchery

Sweden has a rather large amount of good metal bands, as do Norway, Finland, and France!

as mike has mention at Leeds: Abba, ace of base, roxette, europe... they actually refused to play an encore (which was Deliverance) until the crown named all the members of Europe =)

Vintersorg (and all mr. V's projects)
Månegarm
Meshuggah
Die Psalma
Black Ingvars :D
The Flower Kings
Evergrey
Pain Of Salvation
Amon Amarth
(old) Entombed
Thyrfing
The Project Hate MCMXCIX
Sacramentum
Refused
The (Internarional) Noise Conspiracy
The Hives
Katatonia
Edge of Sanity

.. I'm sure there'd be more

EDIT: to make it an even 20:
Hedningarna
The Crown

Abba
59 times the pain
the cardigans
joe tempest
a-teens
insision
Andreas johnson
Just go to musicmos-regional for the complete list.

-Vintersorg- said:
Seriously man, having delved into the Swedish culture quite a lot, not only based on Metal, your country has some might fine musicians.

I shall be in Sweden in 76 days! :D

You're welcome here. We need more Australians! You're a rare breed... =)

I really like the Australian band "Powderfinger"! They rock. Kinda simple and
mellow at times, but very good. It was hard to get a hold of their CDs, but
I finally got 'em at amazon.

Man... Powderfinger.. I DESPISE Bernard Fanning, his voice destroys that band, imo.. In case you weren't aware, he's just released a solo album, and the single is basically a poppier-rock version of Powderfinger..

If you want some GOOD Australian bands, I'm happy to suggest ;)

come on! London's not that bad! You can spend your time tripping over layin musicians here just the same. No need to go to Sweden for that. The difference is everyone over here is in an indie band... By the way, am i the only one who thinks Burst look like a typical British indie college band? No offence tho.