Favorite Tracks From MoS?

Note: this is my favorites, not what I'd consider best (I'm now, after many, many listens, finally convinced Mirror of Souls is their best, most epic masterful song ever, though it's not my favorite).

1. Laying The Demon To Rest
2. A Tower Of Ashes
3. Mirror of Souls
4. Absolution Day
5. Writing In The Sand
6. On Eagles Wings
7. Martyr
8. Bethlehem

I'd like to be able to do a similar list but it'd be hard to choose any song I'd consider my least favourite. All I can say is that 'Mirror Of Souls' is the greatest, most epic song ever written and the rest are very close behind. I like each track for very different reasons, some musically, some for personal reasons so to place the rest in a list would be near impossible for me to do.

So, the short answer....my fave track is the sensational 'Mirror Of Souls'

Sooo hard.

1. Mirror of Souls
2. Martyr
3. Laying the Demon to Rest
4. A Tower of Ashes
5. Bethlehem
6. On Eagles Wings
7. The Writing in the Sand
8. Absolution Day

I must say, after completing the list, seeing "Absolution Day" at the bottom, and realizing what an awesome song it is, that I never realized quite how fully awesome Mirror of Souls is until now.

1-4. Laying The Demon To Rest
1-4. Absolution Day
1-4. Bethlehem
1-4. Mirror of Souls
5. On Eagles Wings
6. Martyr
7. Writing In The Sand
8. Tower Of Ashes

The order can change at any time, but this is how it is in general. First four songs are my favorites, but it depends on my mood. When I feel I want something heavy, it's Laying the Demon to Rest. When I feel like I want something catchy, melodic and happy, it's Absolution Day. When I want something ballad-ish, it's Bethlehem. And, of course, when I want something deep, epic and progressive, it's Mirror of Souls.

I had a trouble including On Eagles Wings, because I heard it so many times before the album was released that any attempts to compare it to the other songs failed. If I had not heard it before the other songs, it would have gotten a different rank (can't tell if it would be lower or higher.

Martyr is a good song and has that wicked flamenco part, awesome riffage and is generally very catchy.

I've never enjoyed Writing on the Sand and Tower of Ashes as much as any of the other songs, so these two are the only ones I'm sure I ranked right.

Thanks, y'all! I feel the need to reiterate here that I've rated this CD a spectacular 11/10! There are NO filler songs here whatsoever. Even the lengthy title track is a flawless metal epic in its own right. This band keeps getting better with time.

1) Laying The Demon To Rest (Probably my favorite Theocracy song all together)
2) Mirror Of Souls
3) Martyr
4) Absolution Day
5) The Writing In The Sand
6) A Tower of Ashes
7) On Eagle's Wings
8) Bethlehem

I found it hard to make that last because I enjoyed every song on the CD, and even though Bethlehem is on the bottom, I still thought it was a good song.

1. Mirror Of Souls
2. A Tower Of Ashes
3. Absolution Day
4. On Eagles' Wings
5. The Writing In The Sand
6. Martyr
7. Bethlehem
8. Laying The Demon To Rest

I had a trouble including On Eagles Wings, because I heard it so many times before the album was released that any attempts to compare it to the other songs failed. If I had not heard it before the other songs, it would have gotten a different rank (can't tell if it would be lower or higher.

I'm totally with you on this. I spend so much time on the myspace page that I've heard this song 100s of times. As much as it rocks, I'm kind of sick of it for now :) As such, I sometimes skip it when I'm listening to the album, so to me, it kind of feels like its own track, separate from the album.

1. Mirror Of Souls
2. Absolution Day
3. A Tower of Ashes
4. Laying the Demon to Rest
5. The Writing in the Sand
6. Wages of Sin
7. Bethlehem
8. Martyr
9. On Eagle's Wings

The first time I heard Absolution Day I was sure it would be my favorite on the album, but Mirror of Souls topped it - in fact it topped everything I've ever listened to! Listing favorites after Absolution Day was hard; I just think the whole album is worth more than a million bucks to me.
I was so attached to Theocracy's debut album, and I used to listen to Twist of Fate and think, I don't think anything can top this, I don't even know if the author can top it - but then the song Mirror of Souls just totally blew me away!
Actually, the entire album just blew me away! :headbang: :worship: :OMG:

Top 3 favorites.

1. Laying the Demon to Rest
2. Writing in the Sand
3. Mirror of Souls

There isn't a single "throw away" track on the entire album, but there is one that stands slightly above all of the rest for me, and that is:

Laying The Demon To Rest

That song got into my brain, and it simply refuses to leave...

:headbang:

Sooo hard.

1. Mirror of Souls
2. Martyr
3. Laying the Demon to Rest
4. A Tower of Ashes
5. Bethlehem
6. On Eagles Wings
7. The Writing in the Sand
8. Absolution Day

I must say, after completing the list, seeing "Absolution Day" at the bottom, and realizing what an awesome song it is, that I never realized quite how fully awesome Mirror of Souls is until now.

Exactly the same, except that Laying the Demon to Rest and The Writing in the Sand trade places.

I can't really put all of them in order of how much I like them, I love em all. But if I had to pick a top 3 off the album they would probably be as follows:

1. Martyr
2. Mirror of Souls
3. Absolution Day

And the first two could probably be switched around, they're pretty neck and neck.

1. Mirror Of Souls
2. Laying The Demon To Rest
3. On Eagles Wings
4. A Tower Of Ashes
5. Absolution Day
6. The Writing In The Sand
7. Martyr
8. Bethlehem

Top 3 were easy to choose, but the rest was quite difficult (almost impossible).....

Excellent album 11/10 XD

Laying the Demon to Rest and Martyr are so close in my book. Everything else is equally awesome after those two tracks. Martyr was fun to play too.