favorite vocalists

bondcfh007

that tire murdered mary
Jul 12, 2001
Visit site
I've decided that David Gilmour is my second favorite singer (right after Mikael Akerfeldt)... i've got tons of other singers that i love, but i've been on a real pink floyd kick, so i've been thinking about that lately. Gilmour's got one of the best voices ever, not to mention his incredible guitar playing...

Anyway, who are your favorite singers???

hm, there are many great vocalists.... Mikael Akerfeldt, Mick Moss, the Cavanagh brothers, Tom Englund, Devon Graves, Warrel Dane, Alan Nemtheanga.... just a few coming to my mind right now :) (talking about male voice)

o_O Mikael Akerfeldt? thats a joke, to even include him amongst our Micko is an even bigger one ffs... soooory, but Mickos the man :)

well, some male vocalists i like are: Roger Waters, Mick Moss, Dave Gahan, Gavin Hayes, Sven Friedrich, Thom Yorke, well Vinny, the Muse singer isn't bad either, and there are some more.
Female: Anneke, Kari, Tori :D

mikael akerfeldt, thom yorke, mick moss (i hadnt put him in this list the first time i heard saviour. but after lights out and the acoustic performances...wow), maynard james keenan, peter steele, lou reed (i like his style, he's not that good, i know)

et les femmes: aziza mustafa zadeh, tori amos, beth gibbons, skin

thom yorke doesnt sing :erk: , mikael akerfeldt, i mean jaysus christ almighty, go to the opeth forum and suck their balls

female singer - bic runga, elisabeth fraser, but joss stone for her age, she is impressive
male singers - brendan perry, doug pinnick, maybe maynard james keenan

Aside from some singers already mentioned I really like that dude from Dredg, even tho from what I've heard he ain't that strong live.
Also Jonah Matranga from the late Far and now Onelinedrawing and whatnot, has nice and pretty unique voice in a sense that it's easily reconisable.

ikeaboy said:
mikael akerfeldt, i mean jaysus christ almighty, go to the opeth forum and suck their balls

muahaha. you might not like the music, you might despise most of the fanboys, you might wanna suck some other bands balls but can you really be that biased to claim that the guy can't sing? They guy does good job on growls (or whatever you wanna call it), which really isn't my cup of tea, but has really good voice on those clean parts, esp. on that almost-acoustic-album.

Crack Hitler said:
Aside from some singers already mentioned I really like that dude from Dredg, even tho from what I've heard he ain't that strong live.
from what i saw of dredg's live material the singer (Gavin Hayes) does fine on the mic, at least for the still quite difficult to sing material.