Favorites by Album

Hen Act

...Dropping En
Feb 26, 2004
N. Reading, MA
Just curious about other folks opinions (I know this is like picking your favorite child but...). Hen Act's fave's by album:

ToW -- See no Evil
Blink -- Seeds of Hate
J9D10 -- Paint the Picture
Break -- My Gavel Hand
Wounded -- Look Away (tough choice)
BotW -- Oasis

A band member's opinion would be cool too...

ToW - Comatose
Blink - Ultimate Gift
Jug - Paint the Picture/Black Eyes & Broken Glass
Time Lost - Interact
Wounded - Fade 2 Grey
Blueprint - Thirst/At Death's Door
Break - nothing(sorry), if forced - Surrounded

ToW - Sinking Sand
Blink - My Everafter
Jug - What To Say
Break - My Enemy
Time - Blind Sided
Wound - Look Away
Blue - Nighttime Sky

Tug of War - Sinking Sand
Blink of an Eye - Under Fire
Juggling 9 - Colors Fade
Break - Break
Time Lost - (haven't heard it)
Wounded - (haven't heard it)
Blueprint - The Thirst

Amazing...seems like I usually go for the first track. Odd coincidence.

Blueprint - difficult... let´s say At Death´s Door
Wounded - just as hard to pick... Pure is just magic
Time Lost - Mettle Man
Break - In the Dark
Juggling - Broken Wave
Blink - Prognosis
Tug - Sinking Sand

I will post next week when I´ll get BOTW and thus my Enchant collection is complete. I´m gonna listen to the albums cronologically and make up my mind.

Blueprint - Enchanted
Wounded - Look Away
Time Lost - Under The Sun
Break - Break
Juggling - Bite The Bullet
Blink - Despicable
Tug Of War - Protology

I tend to feel similar to you STM! We have very close taste I think. Although Break is different for me, that and I'm not being forced! I pick Defenseless for being my favorite track...mainly because I wrote the song for Scott Weiland of STP, but also because it is so different for us. I also love My Enemy...probably the best Benignus track ever written.

Doug

StocktontoMalone said:
ToW - Comatose
Blink - Ultimate Gift
Jug - Paint the Picture/Black Eyes & Broken Glass
Time Lost - Interact
Wounded - Fade 2 Grey
Blueprint - Thirst/At Death's Door
Break - nothing(sorry), if forced - Surrounded

Hey Doug,
If you pick Fade To Grey from Wounded...why didnt play it for the dvd ?
For me its the best of all Enchant cds...
Tirus from Mexico City.

"Wounded" is an excellent and vastly underappreciated album. I especially like "Look Away", which is an extremely subtle composition. Every note in Doug's guitar solos in that song tug at my heart.

tirus said:
Hey Doug,
If you pick Fade To Grey from Wounded...why didnt play it for the dvd ?
For me its the best of all Enchant cds...
Tirus from Mexico City.

Doug are these your favorites to LISTEN TO or to PLAY? My guess is there is a difference...and this could answer Tirus's question.

My choices

Blueprint - Acquaintance
Wounded - Below Zero
Time - Under the Sun
Break - My Enemy
Juggling - Paint the Picture/What to Say
Blink - Invisible
Tug - Sinking Sand/Comatose

Jim

NP: Queen - Its Late

Man this sure AIN'T an easy question for some albums - it is like choosing between children. :erk:

Anyway, let's take a shot here:

Blueprint - OASIS (with AT DEATH'S DOOR a CLOSE second!)

Wounded - HOSTILE WORLD (that's an easy one)

Time Lost - INTERACT (hadn't listened to this disc in a while and broke it out again after the concert in March - and forgot how much I LOVE this song!!)

Break - IN THE DARK (another easy one)

Juggling - Ugh... this one is extra tough - although I have to go with BROKEN WAVE (and was SO incredibly stoked that this was played at the IMusicast show!!)

Blink - UNDER FIRE (IMO one of the BEST songs the band has done - I can play this tune over and over again and it never ever gets tired...)

Tug Of War - OMG this is tough..... it's between SINKING SAND, TUG OF WAR, and COMATOSE.... (although Beautiful has to get an honorable mention! Surprised by how much I love that tune....) DAMN if I had to chose one it'd be SINKING SAND but... o_O I think I hurt myself.....

Dave said it best it is like choosing beetween Children picking just one from each disc. :ill:

For listening .....................

Blueprint : Nighttime Sky ( a masterpeice )

Wounded: Hostile World ( because it is a rare group effort writing togather ) and it simply rocks ass! Pure is amazing as well.

Time Lost : Under the Sun ( same thing we wrote this in the studio togather and Teds lyrics are awesome! )

Break : King ( Just a great song all around )

J9D10 : What to Say ( this is easy ) even if the whole disc is great!

Blink : this is really hard, Ultimate Gift is am amazing song and not an easy one to put into words but Doug did it perfectly! If you have met yours then you know what it is all about! and a close tie for 2nd are Under Fire and My Ever After are probably two of the best we have ever done!

Tug of War : See no Evil, just a great song that just flows!~ great lyrics!

as far as playing them

We have probably played this one more than any other song but it always rocks! At Deaths Door.

Hostile World, is by far my favorite from Wounded to play even though my wrist feels like it is on fire trying to play it.

Time Lost, Under The Sun is a lot of fun to play too!

Break, so far Gavel Hand for me but if we do King I think that would be it.

J9 or D10, What to Say, Broken Wave is cool too!

Blink, Under Fire is tough but very cool when we nail it! Monday is a blast too because Sean kicks ass on this one!

Tug, Sinking Sand rocks! and the bass lines are pretty cool, especially the outtro :Spin:

Oh yeah we talked about doing Fade but it was a numbers thing, too many good songs :) I hope we will do Look Away someday myself I agree it is great, especially the solo!~ we have played Fade quite a bit in the past but I think we have only done Look Away once or twice?

Good Post Hen Man