Favorites by Album

Look Away live would be (or was--Ed's note is a little hard to understand) a challenge. How do you deal with the layered vocal. Neal Morse has been yelled at for this on-line, Testimony is tough to sing along to for this reason--unless you have two other fans in your car (and they are never in key).

And if it is true that Gavel Hand HAS BEEN played live--to all of you that were in attendance-- I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU. Jealousy's a bitch.

Also, to Doug and Ed (and those other 3 non-responsive dudes), what makes a song more fun to play vis a vis to listen to? Us non-members of the band can figure out what makes 'em great to listen to... But do they have to be hard to play or is it something more??? Let's face it, being hard IS a good thing...

This is f*************** hard!! but I´ve included 2 of each album:

Blueprint - At Death's Door /Catharsis
Wounded - Pure/Look away
Time Lost- Interact/Standing ground
Break - My Enemy/The Cross
Juggling - What to Say/Colors Fade
Blink - Seeds of hate/Monday
Tug - Sinking Sand/Comatose

I've only recently discovered Enchant, but so far...

ToW - ToW
Blink - Seeds of Hate
J9D10 - Juggling Knives
Break - The Lizard
Time - Blind Sided
Wounded - Pure
Blueprint - Open Eyes

Heres my list... these are from my perspective as a drummer as to what is fun to play....

BPotW: Oasis. This track was the most challenging to learn from the old material. There are so many changes and lots 'o' stuff going on... the end 7/8 section where I get to bash away on the china is my favorite part of that tune.

Wounded: Below Zero. It is just a barnburner! I get to play some double bass stuff, and there is even a great little shuffle (a la Rosanna, Fool in the Rain) during the guitar solo!!

Time Lost: Under the Sun. This is my favorite Enchant song to play. The groove just feels really good to play, and the breakdown in the middle is a real challenge to keep dynamic.

Break: My Enemy. I think this is one of the best chorus melodies in an Enchant song, and the keyboard/guitar trade-off solo section reminds me of old Genesis, like Cinema Show or something. So I get to pretend to be one of my drumming idols (Phil Collins) for a about 45 seconds!!!!!

J9D10: Paint the Picture is great to play, but I have to say that Elyse is my favorite song on the album. Some of Ted's best lyrics and vocal melodies over a really haunting chorus.

Blink: Monday. I get to play some really fun grooves in this one. The tom thing in the theme/verse is really fun to play, and the dynamics are great.

Tug: Sinking Sand. A lot of power, and a slamming verse groove. The end section is a great cherry on top where I can go off a little bit and do some crazy fills!

Well thats. It is really hard to choose actually. Well the band is getting ready for Prog West and getting the DVD ready. Thanks for all your support!!!!

You are the best!

Sean

Sweet - great post Sean!

[thanks for chiming in - it's pretty quiet around here from most band members since the show... not like you guys have day jobs or anyth- .... oh wait........ o_O ....]

(anxiously awaiting the DVD...........:erk: :loco: :ill: )

(and BUMMED I won't be making the CalProg show.... :yell: :yell: :yell: )

Hey Gang:

Been off the forum for a while, but Sean's post was too much to resist...

I thought this was a ridiculous thread at first. Who in the world would try to single out ONE song from each of Enchant's exceptional releases?!?!?!? I thought this would be a fruitless exercise, and then was VERY surprised to see the band offering opinions on the subject...

That said, I found myself TOTALLY engaged in Sean's post. Not that I have any ONE favorite on an album, but if a gun were held to my head and I were forced to choose something, Sean just spoke for this drummer! The various beats and drum patterns of Oasis, Below Zero, Under The Sun, and Monday have all been repeatedly pounded out on my car steering wheel! ...And the center section of My Enemy??? Sean, you and I are both Genesis/Phil Freaks, I'm afraid. You said it perfectly...!

Anyway, couldn't resist saying something here. Everybody keep posting! :headbang:

very interesting post....i've avoided this one........its definetely not easy but reading the responses from the band members has inspired me to give it a shot:::::: here goes something::

Blueprint: damn, stumped already........Open Eyes

Wounded: there's too many!......Fade to Grey

Time Lost: Mettle M........Interact

Break: My Gavel Hand with Once a Week right there with it but its on the Limited edition so it lost the tie breaker. Great album tho as a whole

J9D10: uhhhhhhhhhhhhh........colors fade

BlinkofanEye: Under Fire......loved the song, then realized the lyrics

TugofWar: See No evil .......i think this is you Ted.........
..........This is the least Enchanting album in my opinion. what that means?.....???

-~Aaron