Favorites on TOTTG?

As I thought it would, this list is forever changing except for my fav (obviously #1 on my list), mark my words, like it or not, this song is going to put AA on EVERYONES radar!

1. Embrace of the Endless ocean

2. Tattered Banners

3. The Hero (Would have been #2 but it's a lil too short (first 2 mins it's SECOND TO NONE, Fantasic stuff!), they shouldn't have slowed it down in the second half but still, a fantastic song)

4. Free Will Sacrifice

By the way, Is it just me or does Where is your god not deserve to be on this album? To me, it's TOTALLY out of place! Sorry guys IMO this song is like something they wrote 15 years ago and they needed a space to fill on the new album. Nothing but noise, sorry. Sounds as bad as the new <gasp> Metallica lol. HATE IT!!!!! One of the only AA songs I actually dislike, and I have their discography.

I've listened to the entire album at least another twenty times since my earlier post, and I still completely do not understand the fuss about Embrace of the Endless Ocean. Yes, great lyrics and an A+ for atmosphere, but I find the song just plain boring and easily the weakest song on the album. I feel the same way about Under a Northern Star from WOOOS.

In the end, as long as we all agree that Amon Amarth kick serious ass, these differences of opinion don't matter much.

Twilight, Free Will Sacrifice and No Fear for the Setting Sun remain my favourites.

the hero
tattered banners
twilight...
im gonna stop now because ill probably list every song on the album
listening to this album is almost like reading a novel...a realy good novel. and thats weird because i dont think any cd has ever made me feel this way.

1. Guardians of Asgard
2. Title track
3. The hero

I don't get everyone's love of Embrace of the Endless Oceans though *shrug* It's not a bad song but it isn't great either IMO

Favourite tracks, hmmm....

Varyags of Miklagaard
The hero
Twilight of the thunder God
Live for the kill
Embrace of endless ocean
Guardians of asgaard

Shit, that's more than half of the album :p

I've listened to the entire album at least another twenty times since my earlier post, and I still completely do not understand the fuss about Embrace of the Endless Ocean. Yes, great lyrics and an A+ for atmosphere, but I find the song just plain boring and easily the weakest song on the album. I feel the same way about Under a Northern Star from WOOOS.

You just said it, great lyrics, great atmosphere, the melodic guitaring. What else could you ask for? I think it's just one of those songs where you either really enjoy it or you don't. However, I totally understand people not liking it. I don't take to Asatar nor Cry of the Black Birds but most would swear they are the best songs on WOOS - but quite the contrary to me.

In the end, as long as we all agree that Amon Amarth kick serious ass, these differences of opinion don't matter much.

Well said!!!

Surprised by all the votes for Tattered Banners... That is by far my least favorite song on the album.

My favorite at the moment is Embrace of the Endless Ocean. It sounds the more like classic Amon Amarth than anything else on the album.

Honorable mentions go to The Hero; Where is Your God; and Free Will Sacrifice. Really nothing bad on the whole disc, though, and favorites are subject to change.

The pick up in the first chorus of Guardians of Asgard is pretty shweet, too.