Favourite Album Art?

biggsy

New Metal Member
Sep 18, 2005
Bendigo, Australia
www.myspace.com
Yep, another 'Favourite...' thread. Name the artist/album and maybe post a picture and give us all a look. My favourite would have to be Porcupine Tree - Deadwing... I dont know why, but everytime I see it I feel lonely...

B0007TX894.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

brain_salad_surgery.jpg

"Brain Salad Surgery" from 1973.
This is Emerson, Lake & Palmer's best album in my opinion. The artwork is made by H.R. Giger, the man who draw concepts for the alien and production design in the film Alien (1979)

Subterranean Masquerade's "Suspended Animation Dreams" is just beautiful. Travis Smith did it in a style that looks like a kid drew it, but it's these morbid pictures (see sig). He draws these images which are depressing, but he uses all kinds of colors, most of them "optimistic" colors, which emphasize the opposite feeling, and (for me, at least) give it a melancholic feel. There's something about a sad picture that looks like a kid drew that just gives a general uneasy feeling. And the band are also illustrated, kinda like on Ghost Reveries, but IMO better.

Nothing wrong with a nice pair of boobs, especially on an album cover...although I do consider my self and ass man but there's this girl who comes in to my work and I honestly find it difficult to speak to her face, these things must be like EE or something.

Anyhow, erm, to be honest I really do love art work for power metal albums, I just think they're so rediculous and brilliantly drawn, so graphic.

Probably a Rhapsody album.

Rhapsody%20Symphony%20of%20Enchanted%20Lands%20II%20Front.jpg

Tell me that doesn't stir you!

Powers said:
Nothing wrong with a nice pair of boobs, especially on an album cover...although I do consider my self and ass man but there's this girl who comes in to my work and I honestly find it difficult to speak to her face, these things must be like EE or something.

Anyhow, erm, to be honest I really do love art work for power metal albums, I just think they're so rediculous and brilliantly drawn, so graphic.

Probably a Rhapsody album.

Thats reminds me Blind Guardians covers are also top draw.

Well, I'll just post the first thing that came to mind.. Tool's "10,000 days" was pretty cool and actually kind of impressive with the integrated glasses and 3D effects and all....

Nile's "Annilahation of the Wicked" had some pretty cool artwork combined with the Crimsom color that was really attractive to me.

Mastodon's "Remission" and especially "Leviathian" was very cool.

off the top of my head anyway...

I have to say mastodons artwork is always quite nice. The Tool artwork was fair inovative with the whole glasses thing but the cheesy Alex grey painting ruins it for me. Niles Front cover wouldve looked wonderful without the computer generate '3d' image.