Worst Guitar solo ever heard?

Non-metal songs have also their poor soloist, take by example, Kurt Cobain or semisonic, not excellent. But in metal, most of the guitarist do a great job

Also, Faith No More's Be Aggressive has some quite shitty soloing.

Good call, a lot of the lead playing on that album is crap.

Just about every Grandaddy solo is just the guy playing the lead melody a couple times, which I always hate. So they get my vote.

pop in dream theater's train of thought" for the last song on the album, like we said. hear the solo towards the end.

just to make a comparison, pop in pink floyd's "the division bell" for the last song on that album right after listening to dream theater. hear the solo at the end.

are we talking about feeling? there's the ultimate answer.

I know we are talking about guitar solos here, but in order to hear the solo, you have to be able to stand the rest of the song, which is probably why I am not familiar with the solo on the last song of division bell. I just hate that album. Compare the overall sound of Ummagumma to that of Division Bell. Division Bell sounds like elevator music imo.

On a more topical note, its all a matter of taste, and some people find their sense of utter bliss in complex solos with odd time signatures.

( Still Ron Jarzombek ftw)

Non-metal songs have also their poor soloist, take by example, Kurt Cobain or semisonic, not excellent. But in metal, most of the guitarist do a great job

hahaha most non metal bands have bad solos? what the fuck is wrong with you?

and gilmour still kept amazing solos throughout pink floyd's career. high hopes has one of the most beautiful solos ever written

I know we are talking about guitar solos here, but in order to hear the solo, you have to be able to stand the rest of the song, which is probably why I am not familiar with the solo on the last song of division bell. I just hate that album. Compare the overall sound of Ummagumma to that of Division Bell. Division Bell sounds like elevator music imo.

On a more topical note, its all a matter of taste, and some people find their sense of utter bliss in complex solos with odd time signatures.

( Still Ron Jarzombek ftw)

the division bell is a good album with some good songwriting...but it's a gilmour album, not a PF album. lets settle that first. =)

but neverthless, i like it.