Worst Solo of All-time

I think the Morello solo on "like a stone" was has to be the worst ever, being just one note bended a lot of thymes. his solos involve this sort of shit and loads of effects. arrrg im so angry...

Alternative 3 said:
There is a shania twain song with a solo, it really really really blows (almost as bad as mark knoffler)
mark knopfler

he is an excellent blues guitarist abd he has some fantastic solos along with great songs. just hear "tunnel of love" and "private investigations." and maybe the solo on "brothers in arms."

i just dont understand how you consider someone to be "bad"? what are the criteria?

Don Corleone said:
mark knopfler

he is an excellent blues guitarist abd he has some fantastic solos along with great songs. just hear "tunnel of love" and "private investigations." and maybe the solo on "brothers in arms."

i just dont understand how you consider someone to be "bad"? what are the criteria?

I like him, but he just needs to learn some new licks... It's always the same... Twuiiiiii Tiiiu tuuuu :Smug:

Don Corleone said:
mark knopfler

I was about to say the same thing. Just listen to "Sultains of Swing"... Some of my favorite guitar licks of all time in that song.

Don Corleone said:
mark knopfler

yeah, that was a wierd choice. mark knopfler? generally considered to be an incredible blues guitarist. i'm not sure what alternative 3 was talking about.

deliverance said:
i got that sister christian song, d2, and while the song and solo suck..i can say i've heard worse. what you may ask? well i don't know right now, but maybe i'll think of something.
haha! that was helpful D1. Good insight. ;)

Mayberry's Finest said:
I believe that was Brad Gillis playing that solo. From what I keep hearing from people he's actually very good and invented some type of way to use the tremelo bar that guys like Vai and Jeff Beck use quite often. Anywho, I have a solo album of his called Alligator that I never really bothered to listen to. I know he filled in for Randy Rhoads when he died and they recorded that crappy Speak of the Devil CD. I happen to like that particular Night Ranger song if only for cheesy amusement purposes. I can't say I remember the solo but then again the guitar playing wasn't very memorable either.
wierd. Having heard the solo, I can't imagine him filling in for Randy Rhoads. I wonder if, at the time, the solo was pretty cool and original or something. Anybody remember?

I've got one that rivals all that have gone before. I'm sure that not many of you would have heard it (it's done by some Australian rapper guy, let's call him Dickhead), and he's stolen/'covered' the riff from Eye of the Tiger.

Anyhoo, in the song, Anthony Mundine (an incredibly untalented/overrated footballer/boxer) does some guest rap thing, and then the original singer/musician (the Dickhead guy) suddenly has a guitar slung over his shoulder and performs the poorest excuse for a solo I have ever heard (at the end of the poorest excuse for a SONG I have ever heard). Long story short, it fucking sucked.

And yeah, Mark Knopfler is a pretty good guitarist, I don't see how he qualifies.

:Spin:

Yes, I do remember when "Sister Christian" came out. Even better, I remember when "Don't Tell Me You Love Me", from Night Ranger's first album, was in heavy rotation on MTV when MTV played music videos. I recall seeing Night Ranger for free at the California State Fair way back in 1983 (or 84?).

And in the early 90s, I had a roommate from Nebraska who played the drums to "Sister Christian" in the living room of my beach house here in San Diego. He had long hair and a tatoo of a hammerhead shark on his shoulder. He got more ass than a toilet seat...fine ass too, strippers and whatnot! Once, I walked into the bathroom and saw him boning one of the strippers on the floor (her name was Star). They both told me, between moans, that my mom called.

I remember all of this, but I don't remember the solo...

Yngwie is fairly generic and predictable and all, but at the very least he's insanely fast. But honestly... reffer to my previous post, I stand by the claim that I've nay seen anythin yet that beats it in terms of total suckyness, lack of talent and ability.