Best solo of all time

Risquit

Sep 16, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
My favorite to this day is the one in "Rock Bottom", by UFO.

In a song that is completely standard otherwise, Michael Schenker's solo is blazing, beautiful and way ahead of its time (I believe the song came out in '73 or '74).

Second place goes to Steeler's, "Hot on Your Heels". Yngwie's introduction to the world and quite an entrance he makes! Here again, the song itself is not noteworthy, which makes the solo really stand out.

I'm a sucker for slow, melodic solos, and I have to say those 2 ones in Dan Swano's "Uncreation" off the Moontower album are fucking killer!!

Other than that, I dunno. There are too many.

i dont know if most of you have heard it...but the Tim Palmer remix version of Porcupine Tree's "Shesmovedon" is absolutely astonishing to me...its just played with so much emotion its incredible

i could never pick the best solo of all time.

some favorites though would be

zero hour: demise and vestige
marillion: easter
dream theater: surrounded
steve vai: whispering a prayer

It may not be the most technically amazing, the fastest or even the longest, but i just love Dream Theater - Take The Time, the passage just past the 5 min mark.
..wait, now that i listen to it again, does that even count as a solo? Shit, i need a beer...and its only 930 in the morning....

DøømedTøBeSad said:
"Serpent Moves" of Coroner
"Deep Peace" of Devin Townsend

dude deep peace is my favourite solo too! HOYL SHIT! i cant beleive someone agrees with me